Are some dreams too big?

This is the place for postings unrelated to action toward achieving dreams-- Emotions, World Events, Hobbies, Trivia & other important but not directly relevant matters. Muse, meditate, mope or ponder & enter other forums when you're ready to get moving.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Are some dreams too big?

Postby k8k8 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:07 am

That is my question.

Can a dream ever be too big? Are some dreams unrealistic?

Are my dreams unrealistic? Are they unrealistic for me? How can I know?
k8k8
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Re: Are some dreams too big?

Postby BarbaraSher » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:24 pm

No dream is unrealistic if you do two things, k8k8:

1.Only find a way to do the parts you love the best, and

2. Never require your dream to earn money or be a career.

If you follow these rules, and you get a lot of help from your friends, you can have absolutely anything you really love.

I'm over 80 and have never been athletic. What if my wish was to be a basketball star? Well, first I'd find out what the sweetest part is, the part that makes me happiest. Once I found that I'd go looking for some other way to get the same feeling, some way I could actually do. (If I loved jumping 4 feet off the floor, holding a basketball and turning to throw it to someone, I could do that in a swimming pool, for instance.) And I could get applause for it, I bet.

(And I'm sure I could never earn a nickel doing it. But I could do it. If I wanted to.) :-)
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby k8k8 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:53 am

Thank you very much for answering Ms Sher.

I have been pondering your answer for several hours, and I have some questions.

Well, first I'd find out what the sweetest part is, the part that makes me happiest.

and
Once I found that I'd go looking for some other way to get the same feeling, some way I could actually do.

Do you have any steps for these 2 steps of rule 1 - as in how to achieve those epiphanies? Or is it just a matter of much pondering?
k8k8
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby BarbaraSher » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:35 am

Did you try figuring out what your favorite part is? You have to do that first before you can look for some other way to get that part into your life.

If you can't think of any other way to get that favorite part in your life, ask people to help you. Ask here for ideas on how to do it.
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby BarbaraSher » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:37 am

It shouldn't take much pondering to figure out what you like. At any given time you prefer pizza to hamburgers, and you know which that is.
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Return to Deep (or Shallow) Discussions