Happiness is a Golden Stream

This is the place for postings unrelated to action toward achieving dreams-- Emotions, World Events, Hobbies, Trivia & other important but not directly relevant matters. Muse, meditate, mope or ponder & enter other forums when you're ready to get moving.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Happiness is a Golden Stream

Postby SquarePeg » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:15 pm

In April Gratitude, I wrote that I'm grateful for the ability to pee. Here's the background...

My wife has been having infections of the urinary tract (aka UTI) on and off for a few years. She's having a severe flare-up, and the burning pain and inflammation slowed her stream down to a trickle. When the trickle stopped, we went to the ER (or ED). This was on Sunday night. A nurse put in a catheter to drain her bladder. Then after a few hours, they did an ultrasound, which revealed that her bladder was full again, and still she couldn't pee. So they put in a balloon catheter and sent us home at 3am.

I called in sick the next day. Not only did my wife need some support, I was exhausted from the all-night ordeal, which was even harder to cope with because I have a sleep disorder.

Catheters aren't meant for long-term use, so we went to have it removed on Thursday. But the big question was whether she'd pee on her own, or would she have to go back to the ER/ED for another catheter. Well, a couple of hours after we got home, I heard her shouting. I was alarmed. Did she fall? Is she bleeding?

No, not at all. She was announcing that she could pee. We hugged exuberantly, as if we had won a huge cash lottery prize.
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: Happiness is a Golden Stream

Postby inspiresuccess » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:47 pm

OUCH! :(

"To pee or not to pee; that is the question".

I've had bladder infections, but not as bad as that. What an ordeal.

I'm so glad your wife is free to be and pee now. Celebration! :D
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:02 pm

good one, inspire!

Square peg, I'm glad everything - er- came out okay.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:00 pm

Thanks to both of you! :)
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:31 pm

Square Peg, it's good to hear from you again. Does this mean that you're going to be sticking around for a while? I hope so! It's good to meet up with old friends!
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby LalithaN » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:13 pm

Hi SquarePeg,
Your dilemma 'To pee or not to pee''is not a bit lesser than that of the legendary Hamlet.Your experiences reminded me of my son, when he struggled with wheezing as a child.I used to think we don't care about our breath as long as it goes on effortless. It led me to think how easily we take everything for granted and demand more with arrogance.
Humanity needs more humility and gratitude and those who find that out early are the blessed.
Friendly,
Lalitha.
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Mon May 06, 2019 3:07 pm

I enjoy all the puns! Thanks so much.

Yes, I am reading many threads. Many more than I post in. So I'm here, even if it seems otherwise.
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Return to Deep (or Shallow) Discussions