The question we all want the answer to.

This is the place for postings unrelated to action toward achieving dreams-- Emotions, World Events, Hobbies, Trivia & other important but not directly relevant matters. Muse, meditate, mope or ponder & enter other forums when you're ready to get moving.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Re: The question we all want the answer to.

Postby inspiresuccess » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:46 am

jcjm -- thanks for bringing this thread up again. Very interesting. I'm glad to see you on the Boards again. It seems like it's been a long time!
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby jims » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:36 pm

I should be happy, for I'm doing what I always wanted to do, but I do not make any money. I worked at a job that was decent, and then worked out an early retirement. Being a young retiree (51), I tried many part time, temporary jobs for a number of years. It was fun to try different fields. At some point, I discovered Wikipedia and NASA's amateur programs. I've had a passion for astronomy all my life. For over ten years, I've used NASA satellites that are orbiting Mars to suggest targets for NASA to aim at. I've received thousands of photos. I was one of the first people in the world to see these landscapes. For me it is about the most exciting thing I can imagine. I post and write up captions for the best of my images on Wikipedia. So I'm one of the Mars nuts who are writing an encyclopedia of all knowledge discovered on Mars. There are a lot of people today who are excited about humans colonizing Mars. I feel I'm doing my part.

My life is not for most Americans, as while I have enough money to get by, I'm not rich. We only have 1 car and only eat out a few days each week.
jims
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:09 pm

Hi, Jims,

I think you're plenty rich. And I eat out less than you do.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Previous

Return to Deep (or Shallow) Discussions