Using Wishcraft etc to Save Civilization

A place to share stories about good guys and to get ideas and information about being one yourself.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Re: Using Wishcraft etc to Save Civilization

Postby MollyL » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:52 pm

Donna, How very exciting! Never boring to live on the edge. I am so envious of you! Hopefully with this new regime you will want to return home. Please keep in touch and tell us what is going on in your life! Molly
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has." Margaret Meade
MollyL
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby jcjm » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:07 pm

MollyL wrote:PS. JCJM wrote: "So , what I am saying is every generation will have idiots screwing things up and other people fixing things up. Just make sure you aren't trying to fix something that either isn't broken or will fix itself. As Brian Tracy says THERE IS NOTHING WORSE THAN DOING A GOOD JOB AT SOMETHING THAT DOESN'T NEED TO BE DONE AT ALL" I DID use the entire quote that YOU quoted. I just didn't use the words you put before it. I would assume a quote stands by itself not with a preface by someone else. And yes there are many things worse than "DOING A GOOD JOB AT SOMETHING THAT DOESN'T NEED TO BE DONE AT ALL" Should I start a list? Babies dying of starvation, a planet destroyed by people because they were afraid they might have to do some hard work and find out it wasn't needed, I could go on forever. Why may I ask would someone come to the conclusion that there was nothing worse than wasting some time trying to stop a catastrophe from happening? So you wasted some time, so what? What if it had been real? This seems to be the Far Right's basic premise about anything environmental. This quote seems politically inspired to me. And since Brian Tracy is a member of the board of trustees for The Heritage Foundation, one of the world's most prominent conservative think tanks, I would again question your motives here. Peace, Molly
I don't know where you got this, but the Brian Tracy I am talking about is a MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKER whose speaks on sales and time management. I'm sure Tony Robbins, Les Brown and even Barbara are involved in various organizations, but that doesn't affect how I feel about their work. I love Barbara's books, but as she can tell you we are on opposite ends of the political spectrum. So, I dont see a connect between what a motivational speaker writes about and their politics. The quote is from his video made about 20 years ago (well before any connection to Heritage) and while you used his entire quote, you did not include my prefice to it or even the words "as Brian Tracy says". To me, not doing this gives the quote a different meaning. From a TIME MANAGEMENT perspective I think he is right because if you are spending your time doing something in vain, you are cutting back on the time available to do what really needs to be done. I'm not telling anyone not to do anything, just suggesting they spend some time figuring out what it is that needs to be done before they do it. For example sending money to a group for food and then having that food never get to the starving people but instead falling into a warlords hands who uses it to feed his troops and to make a profit, would be worse than doing nothing at all. If you say that can't happen, just look at the disaster overseas a month or so ago where the government wouldn't let any countries distribute the food they had. They made the people wait a week until they could have their military distribute. In that week the media said over 100,000 additional people died. So now that we have had this discussion, you can spend your time and money giving as if there were no limit to it while I will take the time to decide what is needed first. Everybody else can decide for themselves.
jcjm
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby MollyL » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:06 pm

JCJM wrote: "I don't know where you got this, but the Brian Tracy I am talking about is a MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKER whose speaks on sales and time management. I'm sure Tony Robbins, Les Brown and even Barbara are involved in various organizations, but that doesn't affect how I feel about their work. I love Barbara's books, but as she can tell you we are on opposite ends of the political spectrum. So, I dont see a connect between what a motivational speaker writes about and their politics." Yep, same Brian Tracy. I was questioning the way you were using that quote. Many Republicans like to say that there needs to be even more studies done regarding global warming because heaven forbid we should waste any time or money on it. Even though 90 % of the scientific community agrees that it IS a real threat. Here's one of MY favorite quotes: "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" -Edmund Burke-
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has." Margaret Meade
MollyL
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby lkindr » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:55 pm

- I think the idea to use Wishcraft methods to save civilization is still a good idea, but I'm too inexperienced myself to succeed at such an effort so far. I did a lot of planning this year and I tried several ideas to try to carry out such a plan, but I've had vanishingly little success at even finding anyone who would be similarly interested. I've not been persuasive and have found no one willing to consider cooperating on such an idea. Alas, it seems I must try different tactics, change goals, or something. But I'm attached to the notion of saving civilization, rather than allowing most of humanity to return to the stone age, as via creeping fascism, genocide etc. Maybe http://solari.com has the best plan.
lkindr
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby BarbaraSher » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:15 pm

urbanpioneer wrote:" The economy appears to be about to crash worldwide and the Neocons [the real terrorists?] appear determined to spread the war to Iran and maybe beyond. Far-reaching restrictions on movement are likely to be imposed and martial law may be declared and U.S. citizens may be widely imprisoned etc." What? Have you been smoking crack?
[/quote] This was all written in 2007 and now I wonder if *we* were the ones smoking crack, urban. So far, no sign of imprisonment, but hey, Bush got his private army in the Bailout Bill and the Army Times has talked about how proud they are to be learning to patrol U.S. streets on their new mission to help America, so it might not be too long now.
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby lkindr » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:36 pm

- Here are 2 sources of the police state powers that the gov't has recently passed, which jeopardize our freedom and security: Military Commissions Act http://www.hrw.org/backgrounder/usa/qna1006/usqna1006web.pdf Patriot Act II http://www.aclu.org/safefree/general/17346leg20030320.html
lkindr
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Previous

Return to Doing Good in the World