Innocence Project

A place to share stories about good guys and to get ideas and information about being one yourself.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Innocence Project

Postby twisterintexas » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:06 am

Please check out the Innocence Project Site and see if you'd like to help out: http://www.innocenceproject.org/ The Innocence Project uses DNA re-testing with the latest technology to see if people have been wrongly convicted for crimes. Over 200 men have been released from prison so far - many were jailed for decades for crimes they never committed! During their trials, they didn't have adequate representation (most having no money), or were convicted based soley on hearsay or eye witness accounts, or faced racism. Texas (my home state) is the leader in exonerations simply because its laws compel Prosecutors to keep trial evidence. That isn't to say that Texas has the most wrongly convicted people; it's just that their innocence is easier to prove. I find it unconscionable that states in this country continue to allow the death penalty, even though time and time again it has been proven that most convictions are not 'beyond a resaonable doubt.' The Innocence Project is an excellent organization - created by Barry Scheck - and deserves our support. Thanks for reading and thinking!
twisterintexas
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Re: Innocence Project

Postby Unity » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:24 am

Very interesting and a lot to think about for everyone. Must admit when I saw this title I thought it was about another project called Innocence which is a charity projects knitting tiny hats that are put onto bottles of Innocence milkshakes and sold at Chrismas time.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: Innocence Project

Postby CatherineEvans » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:46 pm

That is a nice project. This helps the convicted and their families to start a new life again.
CatherineEvans
New Poster
New Poster

Return to Doing Good in the World