Zimbabwe Rescue Project

A place to share stories about good guys and to get ideas and information about being one yourself.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Zimbabwe Rescue Project

Postby dolina » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:01 am

Hello everyone, A friend of mine from South Africa is working on a project to help the people of Zimbabwe. You know the situation there has been dramatic with the famine, cholera, and political turmoil. The project's first milestone is to produce a CD that contains songs about Zimbabwe. He already has letters from people who live there describing the situation. What he is looking for is artists who would be willing to write songs from those words and put them to music. He is also looking for people who can help in anyway with the CD production and distribution. The idea is to include both unknown artists and famous ones to attract the attention of the crowds. The proceeds of this CD will go towards the agriculture efforts in Zimbabwe. If you are at all interested to help in anyway from providing contacts to working on it, please let me know and I'll put you in touch with him. Cheers!
dolina
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Re: Zimbabwe Rescue Project

Postby vivsim » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:09 am

Hi Dolina, not sure if you still need a song writer for your project, but my nephew is an experienced musician who writes all his own material and also has written songs for others. I will pass on your request to him, who knows.
vivsim
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Return to Doing Good in the World