W: Excel at Dream Job / O: Burnout

Tell us your wish, tell us your obstacle, and we'll try to come up with some useful suggestions to help you get into action toward your dream.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Re: W: Excel at Dream Job / O: Burnout

Postby SquarePeg » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:46 pm

My light box doesn't turn on with a timer. But it does have a timer to it turn off.
Last edited by SquarePeg on Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SquarePeg
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:59 pm

SquarePeg wrote:My light box doesn't turn on with a timer. But it does have a time to it turn off.

Mine doesn't have a timer either. I use one of those timers you can buy to turn your lights off and on when you're out of town to make it look like there's someone home. Some light boxes have a "dawn simulator". The light comes on gradually to mimic the way the sun comes up.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:53 pm

You really like your light boxes. I got one for MIL but she never used it. I wonder if I should try it on myself. I get sunlight from going outside, so I never felt light deprived. And the SF area isn't as dark in winter as New England. I do get depressed if I don't get out of the house each day.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:15 pm

Yes, Elaine, I think getting outside is important. In retrospect, I think my mood worsened when I stopped going for walks at lunchtime, but I didn't notice it at the time.

inspiresuccess, my light box can't be turned on with an external timer. When it's unplugged, it turns off. When you plug it back in again, it stays off until you press a button to turn it back on again. But I don't mind. It's so bright that I don't think I'd want it to turn on by itself. Now I remember that when I first got it, I tried using it first thing in the morning while still in bed. It forced me to shut my eyes, and I think I would fall asleep. This is where a dawn simulator would be appropriate.
SquarePeg
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Previous

Return to Wishes and Obstacles