Wish: Dance & Reslience

Tell us your wish, tell us your obstacle, and we'll try to come up with some useful suggestions to help you get into action toward your dream.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Wish: Dance & Reslience

Postby Robin F » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:53 pm

Hello Everyone,

I'm excited and nervous to be here. I trust that.

My Wish:

To search the world for cultural expressions of dance and resilience so that I can share those stories with the utmost of respect and to then integrate what I learn into workshops that use dance/movement to help people manage change with more effectiveness and joy.

My Obstacle:

I'm afraid to fail yet again. Money is an issue, but that's never stopped me. Its the fear of failure again.

Thank you in advance,

robin
Robin F
New User
New User

Re: Wish: Dance & Reslience

Postby SquarePeg » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:14 pm

Welcome, robin! What is it about failure that you fear?
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: Wish: Dance & Reslience

Postby Elaine Glimme » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:33 am

Hi, Robin,

I didn't see your posts. I hope you're still here. And I love your wish. it's a lofty one,

Do you have an idea of the steps you'll need to take to get to your dream, or is the dream at that blurry beginning stage, where you see it but can't put it into words? If it's still blurry, a first step could be to describe it more clearly. (That's not easy. Don''t worry if you're not sure of how you're going to go about making it all happen.)

Your wish makes me think of a shaman dancing as part of his practice of healing.
And I think of the TV show "Gray's Anatomy" where Meredith and Christina dance to shake out the bad feelings.
And it makes me think of Shen Yun with its spectacular dancing.

What do you see? You said you wanted to travel the world to looking for cultural expressions of dance and reslliance. Where do you want to go?
If you're afraid of failure, even describing steps might seem scary. And maybe you don't want to share them with anyone else just yet. Please know, if you choose to share any of you're ideas you'll get nothing but support here on the Boards.

And that said, I want my post here to be supportive. But I don't know you and I don't know your wish, so please take and use anything I've written, and ignore anything that's off-base.

I hope you get your wish.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Return to Wishes and Obstacles