Do you know what this is?

Tell us your wish, tell us your obstacle, and we'll try to come up with some useful suggestions to help you get into action toward your dream.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Do you know what this is?

Postby Jacque » Fri Aug 20, 1999 12:35 pm

Was talking to a coworker about my growing awareness of my desire to get into team problem solving, and she went off like a fire-cracker. Seems there was some sort of special on TV recently about a company in California that takes a very unorthodox, creative approach to a large diversity of design and problem solving projects that are brought to them. The program shows their brain-storming sessions, and describes the office environment (paper-wad fights, strange objects hanging from the ceiling, etc.) and talks at length about the process they use for developing a project. She first thought maybe it was a report on 20/20 or some similar kind of news magazine, but maybe it was a PBS special, like an episode of NOVA. Have you seen this? ------------------ Jacque
Jacque
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby DebraG » Wed Aug 25, 1999 11:27 am

Jacque I saw that, believe it or not! It is exactly as your chum stated. They pay big bucks for this thing, and as I recall it was on 20/20. Perhaps you can e-mail abc or go to their website http://www.abcnews.com and fish around for 20/20 and get a transcript? It amazed me, this technique and thought if I was in a team situation it would be marvy to participate. Debra ------------------ Man is not free to refuse to do the thing which gives him more pleasure than anything else. --Stendahl
DebraG
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Jacque » Wed Aug 25, 1999 12:25 pm

Debra, bless you! Thank you!! Found it! Turns out to have been a Nightline. I've got it on order now. (Rubs hands in anticipation.) [This message has been edited by Jacque (edited August 31, 1999).]
Jacque
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Return to Wishes and Obstacles