TOTAL INDECISION...

Tell us your wish, tell us your obstacle, and we'll try to come up with some useful suggestions to help you get into action toward your dream.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Postby roxane » Mon Oct 18, 1999 2:06 am

Hi Alina, would you mind sending me an email at claudia.barthel@charite.de? I would love to send you a CD of mine and do not want to exchange addresses here.I am also curios to learn where you live, I am in Berlin. Claudia Roxane (these are tow first names, so you weren´t wrong with either one)
roxane
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby roxane » Mon Oct 18, 1999 2:10 am

Hi Debra, thanks for trying to help me solving my problem. Isn´t this a wonderful forum? I am so grateful. I am dentist at the university, i.e. I can´t reschedule my hours in order to get more time for the music. In order to reach the top which I am aimed at, I have to give up one of two Or as we were talking with Alina, be satisfied with what we have: But to be honest, I don´t know how to solve this one! Claudia
roxane
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby DebraG » Mon Oct 18, 1999 4:40 pm

Claudia, It would be so difficult to go without that which you love. But it does seem like you have *so much* going on right now that you don't even have time to think... which might be further aggravating the problem. Can you: Take vacation and hide yourself away for a day or two, dedicated to just thinking? Put the things down on paper that you really want to do and measure the pro's and con's to see which one makes more sense to do (if this is still your dilemma)? I know it sounds elementary, but sometimes having things in blatant black and white might help? Meditate? I have found that the morning pages prescribed by Julia Cameron in the Artist's Way book have helped me ten-thousand fold. Those are some ideas... I would hate for anyone to give up on their dream and settle. There's got to be an answer; and it doesn't necessarily mean that you must do one or the other, or if it does that you have made that choice with the best intentions and it will serve you well. Perhaps you could do one now and go back to the other career at a different time. I hope you understand the intent of this. Isn't it wonderful to have this to hash stuff like this out? Debra
DebraG
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby roxane » Tue Oct 19, 1999 1:08 pm

Hello Debra, Thank you again for your help, I am now really into finding out what I want. I have worked through Barbara Shers "wishcraft" "Live the life you love" "I could do anything if I only knew what it was" and other. I think I kind of know what I want. I die to stand in a recording studio and to record audiofeatures or singing.(The first one I have done then and when, the second one not yet) It really IS a time problem. In order to fulfill this dream I would have to put a huge effort into finding someone who is interested in recording with me and this costs a lot of time. I have experienced this while I worked as an actress. You run from one producer or casting to another, they tell you nice things which dont help and that´s it. My money-bringing profession is very absorbing and is not so bad that I want to quit, so I still am in a sort of dilemma. I will soon post a "Help.Me" message in the wishes and obstacles board under my name, since this is more Alinas forum, isn´t it? So check out for roxane and "Help needed" soon. Claudia
roxane
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Previous

Return to Wishes and Obstacles