W: To Become a Success Team Leader in France O: Money

Tell us your wish, tell us your obstacle, and we'll try to come up with some useful suggestions to help you get into action toward your dream.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

W: To Become a Success Team Leader in France O: Money

Postby USAnne » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:51 am

Hi all!
I am an American lady, living in France, and would LOVE to become a Success Team Leader here. Unfortunately, my financial situation is rather catastrophic as I am a divorced mom of a 2 college-aged students, and I'm looking for new ideas to be able to earn some money to be able to afford the very-affordable Success Team Kit!

I have already given many English lessons (I even tried to start a learn-as-you-eat business where I spoke with businessmen and women, and students, during our lunch hours... as I work full time already in a bank). That idea didn't really go. I have HATS to sell that a friend has given me but I am having a hard time selling them! I even have my own website but have gotten STUCK because all is set up except what I need to make some passive income off of it... I have run out of time to do it, and I don't have the technical know-how to put paid downloads on my site...

Can anyone help me to get some fresh, new ideas about where to get some further income?

Thanks!
Anne
USAnne
New Poster
New Poster

Re: W: To Become a Success Team Leader in France O: Money

Postby Tituba » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:59 am

Go thru this thread for ideas

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6327
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Conrad » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:20 am

That is a popular question. I've found that knowing where you are at financially and where you want to go with specific goals can help. Money means many different things and is connected to many different emotions. Telling money what to do rather than having it tell us what to do is the battle. How much do you want to earn a month?
Conrad
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby USAnne » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:19 pm

Tituba,
Thanks for the thread! I went through it all and got lots of ideas.

And Conrad, well, ideally, I'd like to earn a minimum of 5000 EUR a month. I'm nowhere near that now, but I feel like it could be possible, somehow, somewhere...
USAnne
New Poster
New Poster

Postby BarbaraSher » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:25 am

What part of France do you live in, Anne? And what kind of work do you do now?

And, while I'm asking, what kinds of things have you done in the past that you enjoyed (for paid work, for free work, for the pleasure of it)?
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby USAnne » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:30 am

Hi Barbara,

I live in Arras, in northern France close to Lille (and close to Belgium). At the moment, I work full time in the international dept of a French bank (and enjoy what I do!).

- I have worked (and enjoyed working) in a solar panel plant (and sold solar panels throughout Africa for 15 years) as a full time job.

- I have taught English in my kids' schools since they were 3 years old (I am certified to teach English in grade school in France, although it's a bit complicated administration-wise so I have just basically volunteered). I loved teaching grade school aged kids... and enjoyed teaching high school students as well, although I think I 'shocked' the parents a bit by encouraging the kids (in English) to buck the system and follow their own paths! I tried starting a little business by giving English lessons at lunchtime (while eating), so people wouldn't spend more time during their work time to learn English. It didn't really 'go' here in Arras, but one of my problems is that I am not so flexible, being that I have a full time job. I think that if I could go more to the people who want to talk with me and learn at the same time, letting them choose where they want to eat, and catering to the university and business crowd, something like that would work well. I have alot of knowledge about import/export and practicing English could help them with their jobs.

- Several years ago, when my children were small and when Halloween wasn't known here, I organised the first Halloween trick or treat outings with the neighborhood children, I wrote a flyer, explaining what Halloween was and drew a pumpkin on a piece of paper. I distributed these to the neighbors (using all the kids as the mailmen!) Told the neighbors to pin the picture of the pumpkin up on their front door if they wanted us to ring the doorbell. I and other parents accompagnied 70 THRILLED children and we went from door to door in about 10 groups... the neighbors and kids really loved it. I have great memories of that!

- I have flirted with the idea of making a multicultural daycare center (although I don't have the diplomas) because I can SEE how much good it would do, and I can see it all in my head, but I'm not sure I would like to be that involved with small, small children.

- I have worked as a waitress when young, as well as in a book store, and enjoyed that as well!

- I have my own website (in French) dedicated to the Law of Attraction (I know, I know, I can hear you groaning from here! lol) but it has evolved alot (I still write in my blog), as my ideas have evolved. I spent 2 years as well as a conference speaker on a French Canadian website dedicated to Personal Development. I recently held a workshop with one of my former co-conferencieres, who had come to France from Canada to conduct workshops through France. She asked me to do one with her, and I loved it! Funny thing, though, about my website and the notoriety that I was starting to get back about a year or two ago ! I suddenly 'ran out of money to pay a technician to help me' when it came to placing things on my website to earn money with (such as downloads of meditations, or seminars, or whatever). Somehow, I have self-sabotaged myself about the money aspect.... and also got scared of the recognition I was starting to get, and basically put a halt to the website for about a year.

All this to say : I admit it ! I like being a 'teacher', like being seen, like talking (especially) and writing, and I like organising things, for myself and others (although I am not an organised person, as such).

Actually, I have many ideas that flit through my head, and some that I have tried out... but as I work full time, and spend my weekends with my sweetie (who lives in Rouen, we commute every weekend), it seems that I have no time left to do all of this! (Excuses, excuses...)

Rereading this, I feel like I am flitting all over the place, hope you get the gist of the type of person I am and what I enjoying doing...

Thanks for any and all ideas!

Anne
USAnne
New Poster
New Poster

Postby Karine » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:52 pm

Bonjour Anne,

I'm wondering how things are going for you now, a year after your post... Did you find any new ideas for further income ? fresh ideas ?

When I hear the name of the city, Arras, my mind automatically goes to "Main Square festival" (quite popular and big music festival in France) From your description above, I'm guessing you also like to meet new people ? I don't know about your house situation but maybe you can consider extra income with airbnb, offering service to lend your room for tourists and that could work especially during the festival season. Also Arras is only 18km from Lens which became a new tourist attraction, since they opened a part of the Louvres... so it will not guarantee you 5000 €/month, obviously, but it's not too complicate, not really time-consuming, and that could be an idea for further incomes.

And I have to ask on my side : would you please share your experience of working in solar panel plant ? (PM or on the forum, up to you) Working in solar panel is actually what I really would love to do, starting with a training in sept 2014. I'd really be glad to hear from someone who actually did the job !!!

Many thanks in advance !
Karine
Karine
New User
New User

Return to Wishes and Obstacles