Recording "My Own Boyfriend" with Video:)

Tell us your wish, tell us your obstacle, and we'll try to come up with some useful suggestions to help you get into action toward your dream.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Recording "My Own Boyfriend" with Video:)

Postby katworldmusic » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:04 pm

Dear Barbara and the wish cheerleaders!
I am totally new to this forum, but i recently saw Barbara's video "You don't know what's possible" on Facebook and it reminded me of Barbara's great work around telling your wish to someone or many people cuz they will probably have the answer or solution to the obstacle that has kept you from realizing the wish. So...here I am!
I am a singer/songwriter that has been performing world music for over 30 years, mostly doing other people's music. I have raised my son as a single Mom and it is now time to get my own songwriting out there.
My wish is to record one of my songs called "My Own Boyfriend" and have a video to go with it. I have a lot of great songs, but this one is ready to fly!
The song was written about self-love, ultimately...and the style is in a kind of Latin/Caribbean/Reggae swing and from the first line...people love it, tell me it will be a hit and that many will benefit from it, especially young people starting to date. I have this vision of the video: the main character (a woman) in the video going around "activating" women and pulling them out of their homes to wear a crown and celebrate loving themselves, dancing and happy..no longer waiting for someone to love them. Women in battered shelters, women in the workforce, young girls waiting for the phone to ring or text...these kinds of scenes.
At the end there is a scene where a man is dreaming that he has a crown on his head and he is dancing and happy and he wakes up with a surprised expression on his face and the words "to be continued" are on the screen.
I have no budget, so that is an obstacle.
A few years back I had a crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter to record my CD, but was not able to reach my goal.
I know that Indigogo is another platform and that there are others that I could use and I am thinking about that...and, to find a videographer at this point would cost money too.
Also, I envision and need money for having different musicians playing various musical instruments on sections of the music.. this expands the song to touch people all around the world.
i know that miracles can happen, and I am calling in my angels to help fulfill this wish with their ideas and suggestions to help with my next steps, because this song is a good thing and well, because creating it with others is FUN!
I have a website with a demo clip on it so you can hear the sketch of the song, but don't know if it is appropriate to put that here...let me know, and I would be happy to.
Thanks for listening and I welcome all your love, ideas, suggestions and support!
Many, many thanks,
Kat :D :D :D
katworldmusic
New User
New User

Re: Recording "My Own Boyfriend" with Video:)

Postby SquarePeg » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:48 pm

There are talented students who could this, even at the high school level. I'm thinking specifically of students at a magnet school for the visual / performing arts, or a fine arts university. But you might need to delegate the music performance to one group and the video production to another.

I was so surprised by the video that my daughter created last year. She's full of creativity, but a little wary of computer technology. Yet she put together an impressive video. And I didn't realize it was hers until I saw one of our family cats on the screen.

So anyway, I'm sure once you network with folks, your goal will be achieved!
SquarePeg
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby katworldmusic » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:01 pm

Hi Squarepeg!
Thank u so much for your reply and great idea! Hmmm I am in Berkeley and there are definitely Arts Magnet Schools and young people doing amazing things with Videos all around!
Let's see what I can discover and will keep you posted!
Hooray...it does take a village!
katworldmusic
New User
New User

Postby Elaine Glimme » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:30 am

Good wishes to you.

Berkeley is the right place to find musicians who would love the chance to get together with someone like themselves and record a video. There are a couple of other musicians posting on the Boards right now. So between the three of you, you might come up with some good ideas. I'll keep fingers crossed.

Hi, SquarePeg. Great suggestions.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby katworldmusic » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:06 am

Hi Elaine,
Thanks so much for your comment and good wishes! Yes I have been performing in the Bay Area for over 30 years...I have worked with a lot of amazing artists:) I have been waiting and waiting to have the funds to be able to hire them to complete my CD and let the CD be the springboard for the videos, etc. But I am knowing that there are other ways to make the wish/dream happen and this is where Barbara's amazing platform comes in! I am moving into a whole new level of trust and manifesting now...LOVE that it takes a village, and LOVE that so many have ideas that I haven't thought of, and people I haven't met yet that will help me on my way!
I noticed that you are an author...I will check out your book:)
Sending a big hug and many blessings to you and Squarepeg!
Kat:)
katworldmusic
New User
New User

Postby Elaine Glimme » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:39 pm

thanks for the blessings and for checking my book.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby unpinkpanther » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:43 am

Hi Kat:

This is great! I love the way you can "see" the
video already!

Try breaking down this project to its components:
that should help think of the various possible
partners for this project.

Barbara Sher is right: isolation does kill dreams.
Try to see how many more people can be a part of
this project.

For instance, you want the song to "touch people
around the world". Can you be a bit more specific?

Who are these people exactly? How can you partner
with organizations who already have access to the
audience you want?

Remember to update us on your progress.

Cheers!
unpinkpanther
New User
New User

Postby katworldmusic » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:35 pm

Hi unpinkpanther!
Thanks for your suggestions and words of encouragement! Since posting, I have been networking with all kinds of people and discovering new approaches.
I will take your advice and start sketching out the components so that I am clearer in my vision and for those I will collaborate with.
I will definitely post updates...I am on my way!!
Big hugs and appreciation,
Kat
katworldmusic
New User
New User

Return to Wishes and Obstacles