exposure for music licensing on larger scale

Tell us your wish, tell us your obstacle, and we'll try to come up with some useful suggestions to help you get into action toward your dream.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

exposure for music licensing on larger scale

Postby okt31 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:25 pm

Hi all! Thanks for reading!! Excited to join such an inspirational group.

They say all "overnight successes" happen over a 15 year span. Well in the music world a lot of times that is true.

I'm a female vocalist for an alternative hard rock / metal band. We are nearly at that 15 year mark. We have recorded 2 albums and working on our third this year. We have a great label and distribution have had some radio play have a good following even did some touring but cant get past a hump. These days We have been focusing on licensing instead of live music. We have been included in a few horror Indy movies but id love to get our music in some differnt genre larger features and shake the stigma of only being included in dark films. A lot of our music is versatile. Some epic style and described as darker(harmonic minor feel) and edgy. We have a few radio style songs as well as a few uplifting spiritual songs in Latin. We also have a beautiful vocal piano ballad that not enough people have heard and a few songs perfect for the right male/female mma fighters to walk out to. A few strong true metal songs and yes even a zombie song.

Ascap/Harry fox members

Obstacle. Not enough exposure

We retained all our rights and are open to exposure vs big points. Any industry help is appreciated to help us get the ball rolling.

Pm me any questions or if u want a link etc..thanks for reading!!!
okt31
New User
New User

Re: exposure for music licensing on larger scale

Postby Elaine Glimme » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:51 am

There are a couple of others interested in music who post here. I hope you connect. Note that none of us post every day, so keep watching for comments that apply to you.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:09 pm

I enjoy your genre of music!

WMRQ is the alternative radio station in the Hartford area. I'm not positive, but I think if you contacted a DJ, he or she might play your music and air a telephone interview with you. Ditto for other locations. Or maybe that's the role of the label?
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby okt31 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:44 pm

Thanks so much Square Peg so noted...we will do just that when we finish the new album.:)

Feel free to pm for link.mp3 etc
okt31
New User
New User

Postby SquarePeg » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:37 pm

I sent the pm!

I recall a very talented female vocalist whose username here was something like sweetsoulmusic. Hopefully she'll notice this thread.
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:24 am

This is a really old thread but I thought I'd bring it up again. Although I'm not in the poster's position, it's an interesting topic for me because I plan to start composing soon.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Return to Wishes and Obstacles