Wish to work and support myself and my baby in the USA

Tell us your wish, tell us your obstacle, and we'll try to come up with some useful suggestions to help you get into action toward your dream.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Re: Wish to work and support myself and my baby in the USA

Postby Fotografa » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:40 am

Thank you Elaine. I didn't plan on putting those in the CV version for the "good enough" job, but you are right, they are relevant. I will emphasise those projects in my resume.
Fotografa
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:22 pm

Looking for a job today is different from when I needed work. We wrote resumes back then, not CVs. I don't know if job hunting is the same in Italy as it is in the US or not. A lot of the searching is done on the Internet now, of course. There's Linkedin, and so many other tools that I don't even know about.

If you feel you know about how to job search, then just do it.

If you feel you need help for just what to do to find a job, maybe someone else on the boards has some ideas. I don't. It's been to long for me.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Fotografa » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:56 pm

Elaine Glimme wrote:Looking for a job today is different from when I needed work. We wrote resumes back then, not CVs. I don't know if job hunting is the same in Italy as it is in the US or not. A lot of the searching is done on the Internet now, of course. There's Linkedin, and so many other tools that I don't even know about.

If you feel you know about how to job search, then just do it.

If you feel you need help for just what to do to find a job, maybe someone else on the boards has some ideas. I don't. It's been to long for me.

Thank you Elaine. In the last days I attended a few parties and talked to a few people. It seams that working as a self employed photographer is not so complicated. I heard stories about people changing careers and starting photography out of nowhere. It's tempting to just print some business cards, update my website and start promoting myself whilst I'm still looking for the job.

I think in the US they call them Resumes and in Europe CVs (curriculum vitae). But they are the same.
Fotografa
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Previous

Return to Wishes and Obstacles