B. Sher - Help with Procrastination Program

Tell us your wish, tell us your obstacle, and we'll try to come up with some useful suggestions to help you get into action toward your dream.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Re: B. Sher - Help with Procrastination Program

Postby mikeisjoyous » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:08 pm

I was thinking of Barbara's latest post about how, you doing something you love, it doesn't feel like terrible work. Part of me wants to write, but mainly things to make kids feel joyous. I'm thinking of the book, "The Girl Who Owned A City " I always cry when I read the book, out of love for Lisa and Todd, the heroes. That's the kind of book I would like to write.
mikeisjoyous
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:07 am

A lot to unpack in post 263901...
mikeisjoyous wrote:Hi SP:) I call people to get them to do surveys. Most of the time people curse me, lie to me, or hang up on me. --snip--
That's strange because now more than ever people seem fanatical about their opinions. It seems blissful, almost, to have someone reach out and ask me what I think about something! Sometimes when asked what I want for my birthday (or Father's Day) I say "I just want someone to follow me around and watch how I do things and listen to me opine about things." I guess it matters what the survey is about, though. LOL

Just so you know, I use NoMoRobo to screen out calls. After one ring, most telemarketing or spam calls get forwarded to that system, and I never even answer the call.

There are terrible scammers out there. The "Can you hear me?" type call really ticks me off, and I actually report them to police. So even if a survey call comes through to me, I assume it's a scam of some sort.
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:19 am

mikeisjoyous wrote:Hi SP:) --snip--
I don't want to do anything except go to sleep, read fantasy, wish I weren't alive. When I talked to my elderly self, he pointed out I am so bright and talented, it makes no sense to talk as if I have no options
That's how I feel, too. But instead of wishing I weren't alive, I merely accept the fact (every morning, and with some disappointment) that I'm still alive. I'm basically waiting to die.

I don't think I could talk to my elderly self. I can't think of any future. There is just fog there. I tried. The first self-hypnosis exercise was to imagine five years into the future an ideal lifestyle. There was nothing at all. And I have a great imagination!

What does your elementary school aged self tell you? Isn't he saying things like, "Wow, it's so cool! You can drive, you have money, you can stay up as late as you want, eat ice cream before supper!" Basically, can you recall that he lacks the autonomy that you now have? Perhaps that thought is cathartic?
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mikeisjoyous » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:46 am

I utterly love what you said, Guy, about how you want folks to follow you about do you can tell them what you think and feel. I will write my version of what you wrote me and put it in our break room--if that is okay with you. I would only say that a friend wrote that to me. No names. What do you think?
Mike
mikeisjoyous
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby mikeisjoyous » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:55 am

My aged self tell me it's great to stay up late and eat ice cream? That sounds more like my Inner Child, Mikie:) No, my aged self takes the Long view, looking at my life as a whole, Guy.
I want to let my super-intuition think about you a moment, Guy. Funny, I see a man who is one step away from laughing, though he shows outwardly the signs of depression. Does that make any sense to you? Mike
mikeisjoyous
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby mikeisjoyous » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:34 pm

Barbara today sent me an email saying not to let myself be labeled by others. I let myself be labeled as a failure, while ignoring the years I spent at different jobs, sometimes bearing a load of stuff I prefer to not name here.

I have been phoning people to do surveys vfor the last 7 years. While depressed, my productivity went down to 25%. In the last 6 months, my productivity went up to 125% and now is sinking down a bit. I actually regard the increase in productivity as a success despite my inner cries for a mind that has been wasted.

Well, I intend that this year I will not feel like my mind has been wasted.
mikeisjoyous
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby mikeisjoyous » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:50 am

I answered a question in Quora today. I like my answer so much I want to share it here.
One simple thing to do every day:
Hunt for one thing so personal you can't tell it to anyone else in the whole world.
Email that, using a sentence or 2, to yourself.
Then make yourself a little more conscious about that thing
Email THAT to yourself.
Every day.
It is simple.
It is not simplistic.
mikeisjoyous
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:51 am

mikeisjoyous wrote:I utterly love what you said, Guy, about how you want folks to follow you about do you can tell them what you think and feel. I will write my version of what you wrote me and put it in our break room--if that is okay with you. I would only say that a friend wrote that to me. No names. What do you think?
Mike
Yes, certainly. I hope it will boost the morale of you and your coworkers!
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:58 am

mikeisjoyous wrote:My aged self tell me it's great to stay up late and eat ice cream? That sounds more like my Inner Child, Mikie:) No, my aged self takes the Long view, looking at my life as a whole, Guy.
I want to let my super-intuition think about you a moment, Guy. Funny, I see a man who is one step away from laughing, though he shows outwardly the signs of depression. Does that make any sense to you? Mike
My younger self likes the idea that I can stay up as late as I want and eat ice cream. Best of all, I don't have to eat green peas, string beans or Brussel Sprouts! Yes, your intuition is spot-on. I'm a big joker, but way too tired to laugh most of the time.
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mikeisjoyous » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:44 am

Sorry about the tiredness and depression Guy. What do you really think is going on? Mike
mikeisjoyous
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:50 pm

Thanks Mike. Not sure, but I think it is breath related, like shallow breathing.
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mikeisjoyous » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:45 am

Hi again Guy. As I look at your soul, I see 2 things. On the physical level, I hope you go to your doctor and mention shallow breathing. On the psychological level, I sense there are feelings you are not willing to experience fully. If the latter is true, is there anything you would like to share, perhaps privately? Perhaps just to yourself? Best always, Guy, Mike
mikeisjoyous
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Previous

Return to Wishes and Obstacles