Wish: get married again Obstacle: many!

Tell us your wish, tell us your obstacle, and we'll try to come up with some useful suggestions to help you get into action toward your dream.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Re: Wish: get married again Obstacle: many!

Postby Journeygirl » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:29 pm

I know from my experience if you go to car and bike shows, you'll find some great people, mostly men, who have disposable income (cars aren't cheap, particularly show cars), and they're often older.

Of course, this helps if you like and know something about cars.

Another thing is adopt or just foster a pup. You'll HAVE TO go out several times a day, and each one of those is a chance to text all your dog neighbors to walk together.

I wouldn't mind a good man myself. In late 40's.
Journeygirl
New User
New User

Postby inspiresuccess » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:48 pm

Journeygirl wrote:I wouldn't mind a good man myself. In late 40's.
:D

The problem I'm having with going to places where men are is I don't have any interest in sports or cars, etc. If I'm really serious about meeting someone, I guess I might need to develop an interest in "guy stuff". It's something to consider.

I met my first husband when he was standing on the corner of a city street with a puppy. I asked if I could pet his puppy and the rest is history!
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:35 pm

"I met my first husband when he was standing on the corner of a city street with a puppy. I asked if I could pet his puppy and the rest is history![/quote]

That's so great. And I'll bet you weren't planning on marrying him at the time. You just wanted to pet the puppy.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:43 pm

Elaine Glimme wrote:"I met my first husband when he was standing on the corner of a city street with a puppy. I asked if I could pet his puppy and the rest is history!

That's so great. And I'll bet you weren't planning on marrying him at the time. You just wanted to pet the puppy.[/quote]

True. I asked the puppy's name first, his name 2nd!
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:05 pm

"True. I asked the puppy's name first, his name 2nd!" :lol: Inspire, I'm still wishing you good things.

Hi, Journey Girl. Do you have a wish?
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:28 pm

Elaine Glimme wrote: Inspire, I'm still wishing you good things.
Thanks, Elaine. I really appreciate it.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:26 pm

I had an experience recently that gave me a lot to think about. I joined a church and have been going to it for about a year. I've had some health problems and needed a ride to the doctor's office. They arranged for 2 different men to give me a ride. They were both probably in their 70s or 80s. One walked with a cane and told me that he had knee replacement surgery. The other one told me that he had had prostate cancer and had driven himself to radiation treatments.

Both of them were really nice men. One of them was very easy to talk to. The other one liked the same type of music that I did based on what he had playing in his car. They were both married.

So, the question is would I be willing to date and marry someone who is in their 70s or 80s? Men in their 60s don't like dating women in their 60s. Men always want women that are younger than them. Since I'm in my 60s would I be willing to date someone in their 70s or 80s? I have a lot of thoughts on that but I'll wait and write about them later!

In the meantime, does anyone have any comments about this?
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:58 pm

"Men always want women that are younger than them." No, not me. When I was about 30yo and single, my personal ads targeted women in their 20s, 30s and 40s. (I didn't care about starting a family at all.) I felt that the older women were more interesting and "keen". They tended to be more confident and self-sufficient, which I liked.

Actually, lately I've thought that I'd be willing to date an older women if I were suddenly single or widowed. (I'm married.) It would hinge on whether that particular woman felt "special" to me.

Some other relevant comments...

I'm in my mid 50's.

There are women who are my age who I think are attractive.

When I was in my mid 20's, I met a few older women (about 10 years older) that I found very attractive.

It's terrible to write this, but: If it were only about physical attractiveness, maybe only nubile folk would be worth going after. So anyone older than, say, 20 would already be too old and require makeup to look good. I suppose the men who are in their 70's and 80's are easily fooled by makeup. :)

So those are some comments.... :)
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:12 pm

Thanks for your comments, SquarePeg. I think you are the exception to the rule. But then we always knew that since you are, after all, Square Peg.... :D
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:38 am

I think falling in love is magic. I think if you fell in love with a seventy-year-old, you wouldn't care how old he is. For now, you have two good friends. Maybe one of them will turn into a lover, maybe not. Don't lead anyone on - pretend you have feelings that aren't there. Meanwhile, enjoy the friendships and be grateful for them. And keep getting out and going places and doing things.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Previous

Return to Wishes and Obstacles