Workshops to End Food Obsession from The Juicy Woman

Tell us your wish, tell us your obstacle, and we'll try to come up with some useful suggestions to help you get into action toward your dream.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Workshops to End Food Obsession from The Juicy Woman

Postby thejuicywoman » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:08 am

Hi Everyone,

I've been a member here for years and for those of you who know me, you've been tremendous supporters of
my work. As The Juicy Woman, I'm a women's empowerment coach. In addition to being the proud author of
my book, "Lovin' the Skin You're In," I'm also a contributing author to Chicken Soup for the Soul. My story,
"Beauty At Every Size" is published in their Curvy & Confident book.

I put a pause on my coaching a couple years ago due to dealing with family issues and depression. At the time nothing
seemed more comforting than to eat huge bowlfuls of ice cream and chomp on chips. It resulted in a 28 pound gain that I had
worked so hard to lose years previously.

Now after coming out on the other side of dealing with so much grief and loss, I'm better and stronger for having lived through the depression.
I specialize in working with women after abuse struggling with depression and overeating. I teach them how to love themselves so they can
end their food obsession and fulfill their dreams. I want to share what I've learned with others about how they too can get some relief and #breakthestigma.

My message is big and I want to get back in the media. Too many women are suffering with depression and their lives are paralyzed because of it.

Since starting coaching, I've had a mailing list and several FB groups, in addition to my presence on
Facebook.

Now I am ready to make a comeback and I'm doing that by taking a program of mine that I created as a 6 week teleclass series called Losing Weight without
Dieting or LWWD. It was a very successful program that was run 3 different times between 2005 - 2006. The biggest weight loss that came from the program was one of my clients who lost 76 pounds. The program combines the two elements of teaching the group intuitive eating and using the stress-relief methods that will deal with the many issues around food and feelings.

Many of those clients who paid for the program came from this board. Now after 8 years I'm finally ready to wrap the program and
sell it at an insanely low $47 rate to entice newcomers to work with me. As a support upsell I'll offer a paid $30/month membership to those who purchase the program.

As an abuse and incest survivor myself, I've had to walk across coals to get to the point of feeling comfortable stepping out and making myself and my business more visible. I'm finally doing that, and looking forward to starting a revolution teaching women how to love and respect their bodies at every size. In the past when I was doing speaking, I've done events in Lane Bryant, Plus Night Out, Avenue, Macy's, Catherines, Boscov's and other organizations that cater to women.

Now I'm stronger and better than ever, ready and eager to help other women to end their food obsession.

I've been doing FB Lives and broadcasts, redone my website and updated my blog. My message is crystal clear. Self-compassion is the key to change and ultimately creating killer confidence. Several weeks ago when I released my first video on people pleasing, a woman who was on my list for 15 years messaged me and asked me to coach her that day. I quoted her my $200/hr private coaching rate. She happily agreed and within a few hours the money was deposited to my account and a few hours later we worked together. It was amazing.

Here's my obstacle. The women in my FB groups read everything I write, and some attend my FB Lives, but mostly I'm getting crickets. How can I get women beyond the extraordinary shame they feel around talking to me and giving me the feedback I need to create more quality content for them?

Thank you,
Andrea
Are you a gal who is an emotional eater? Get my free article on Losing Weight without Dieting for Women. Vist my website at http://www.thejuicywoman.com
thejuicywoman
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Re: Workshops to End Food Obsession from The Juicy Woman

Postby inspiresuccess » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:12 pm

Hi Andrea. Welcome! I'm going to come back later to read all the details and see if I can come up with some ideas. Glad you're back! Looks like you've been through a lot and are really on the other side and ready to go. That's great! Let's hope we can give some helpful feedback. Sending love, Inspire Success
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:31 pm

Excuse my ignorance but what is an FB?
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby thejuicywoman » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:35 am

inspiresuccess wrote:Hi Andrea. Welcome! I'm going to come back later to read all the details and see if I can come up with some ideas. Glad you're back! Looks like you've been through a lot and are really on the other side and ready to go. That's great! Let's hope we can give some helpful feedback. Sending love, Inspire Success

Hi inspiresuccess,

Thank you so much for your help and support. It's really, really, really, really appreciated.
And it's so good to be back.

~Andrea
Are you a gal who is an emotional eater? Get my free article on Losing Weight without Dieting for Women. Vist my website at http://www.thejuicywoman.com
thejuicywoman
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby thejuicywoman » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:35 am

inspiresuccess wrote:Excuse my ignorance but what is an FB?

No worries. FB stands for Facebook.

Have a great day,

~Andrea
thejuicywoman
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:32 pm

I'm not a social media person. I wish I had a better understanding of what you're doing to promote yourself right now. Is it all online? Do you still do any speaking gigs like you mentioned before? Are there real live places to present your material? Like teaching classes? I don't have suggestions off hand. Are there places you could get someone to interview you? I don't know much about You Tube. Is there something there you could do? I hope more people who are up to date on social media respond here. I'll keep trying to come up with ideas but I feel like I'm probably not the right person to help.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:14 pm

It may be that the women who read your free content are satisfied with that. Or maybe they're unwilling to splurge on themselves for whatever reason. One reason could even be that they're accustomed to "passively consuming" FB without realizing that a deeper connection can be made.

You're the type of speaker that I might see at a Happiness Club event. Or at free seminars in area libraries. So maybe you might make personal public appearances, leaving FB to fill in between gigs.
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:05 pm

Hi. I did a google on how to promote a life coaching business. I know that kind of thing is probably something you did a long time ago but it might trigger some ideas or remind you of some things you decided not to do in the past but might want to reconsider doing in the future.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Return to Wishes and Obstacles