Wish: a van for about 7 days in Cali

Tell us your wish, tell us your obstacle, and we'll try to come up with some useful suggestions to help you get into action toward your dream.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Wish: a van for about 7 days in Cali

Postby InesCruz » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:17 pm

Hi everyone and happy new year! I've been able to pay for a flight to San Francisco (life long dream) from my homecountry Portugal and I have had to cancel my camper van Rental because I needed the funds for an emergency.I'd hate to throw away the opportunity to finally get to know California.,feeling really dismayed about this
UPDATED: I'd only be needing it for 7 days after all.
Thank you for all your kind suggestions
Last edited by InesCruz on Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
InesCruz
New Poster
New Poster

Re: Wish: a van for about 20 days in Cali

Postby inspiresuccess » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:07 pm

I hope people respond to this. I'd hate for you to have to lose your trip. So many people know more than me about this kind of thing. The only thing I've heard of is Go Fund Me. Have you checked that out?

The boards here have been pretty quiet for a long time so don't give up too quickly. I hope others respond.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby snoopy » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:13 am

That is really unfortunate @InesCruz.
I understand that you feel really dismayed about this.

Can we do anything to support your wish?
snoopy
New Poster
New Poster

Postby InesCruz » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:35 am

If anyone knows of someone who may have a van in the area they'd be up to lend, maybe? I can pay 300dollars for the 20 days
InesCruz
New Poster
New Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:36 pm

InesCruz wrote:If anyone knows of someone who may have a van in the area they'd be up to lend, maybe? I can pay 300dollars for the 20 days

That's $15 per day. Can you trade anything like you doing some work for someone in exchange for the ride? Could the person that has the van travel with you and you do something for them along the way?

Did you check out Go Fund Me? I think that's what it's called. I'll go google that now.

Yes, the website is gofundme.com. Check it out. I know some people here on the boards have used it in the past.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby InesCruz » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:23 pm

inspiresuccess wrote:
InesCruz wrote:If anyone knows of someone who may have a van in the area they'd be up to lend, maybe? I can pay 300dollars for the 20 days

That's $15 per day. Can you trade anything like you doing some work for someone in exchange for the ride? Could the person that has the van travel with you and you do something for them along the way?

Did you check out Go Fund Me? I think that's what it's called. I'll go google that now.

Yes, the website is gofundme.com. Check it out. I know some people here on the boards have used it in the past.

I'm hesitating to publish a go fund me campaign on my social media...I shared one in the past through email to my then group of friends and nobody contributed and it felt awful.

I would be open to contribute with some work. I love gardening and have experience with land care and enjoy being outdoors. I also genuinely like entertaining children, I find it easy to spend hours with them without getting tired.

I wouldn't mind a travelling companion

the van could be really simple, just a vehicle I could sleep inside confortably would be fine.
InesCruz
New Poster
New Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:41 pm

I posted a response here but I must not have pushed the send button. Sorry. I'll come back later and repeat what I said.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby snoopy » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:52 pm

@InesCruz
Are you active in some online platforms where you could ask people?
Could it be an opportunity to place an ad in a daily newspaper from the area which you want to go?
Are there other possiblities to travel through California? Perhaps by train? Or are there platforms where you can ask for lifts from one town to another?
There is a platform called couchsurfing.com - perhaps people will help there? And you could offer a stay in Portugal for trade.
snoopy
New Poster
New Poster

Return to Wishes and Obstacles