You know what I think I really want to do...

Tell us your wish, tell us your obstacle, and we'll try to come up with some useful suggestions to help you get into action toward your dream.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Postby Crazy broad » Tue Mar 26, 2002 9:35 pm

Hey Cosmic chick I don't know anything about the field, but I can recommend the most incredible book for you if you're thinking of doing cold calling. It's by Wendy Weiss, and it's called, "Cold Calling for Women". Terrific book!
Crazy broad
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby claire » Tue Apr 09, 2002 7:58 pm

It depends on what area of design you want to get into - you've obviously a bit over furniture. Or is it commission based wages? Be honest when you call, and ask for the personnel manager rather than the manager. I got my first design job in kitchen, at the first place I called. You have expereince and the education - quite a nice package. You could also send out letters with your resume. If you want to do pure design, and you can cope with working at home, why not start a part time business out of hours and keep the day you until you are on your feet. In Australia there is a government scheme call Nece which gives you money to help start a business, and one of the requirements in you do a short business course which will cover all the need to know stuff. Canad may have a simalar program. Everyone I know who has done the course has said it's brilliant
claire
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Return to Wishes and Obstacles