Am I a scanner?

What should you do when you want to do everything? If you're fascinated by everything, and you've been called dabbler, dilettante, undisciplined, indecisive etc., this forum is for you.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Am I a scanner?

Postby BarbG » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:46 pm

Hello I'm new. I saw Barbara's videos on the book and it sounded a lot like me so I got the book. Now I'm not sure if I am or not. As per usual I don't seem to fit in anyone area. I see something and find it interesting and then need to learn to do it or need to buy it. Most of my projects are various crafts, I thought I wanted to learn to paint, draw, letter, wood burning etc. I buy stuff and try it out but loose interest or find another passion. However I'm not great at them all. In fact if I actually continued perhaps I would be great but that doesn't happen. How ever when I read that so and so has invented this and learned that language and scuba dives and so on, that does not sound like me. So as per usual, I'm confused.

Another Barbara
BarbG
New User
New User

Re: Am I a scanner?

Postby Tituba » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:48 pm

You might want to look into signing up at Barbara's other site. It is more active and she participates with helping people.

http://barbarasclub.com/about/
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: Am I a scanner?

Postby SquarePeg » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:24 pm

I don't think scanners need to be experts in everything they do. Your willingness to teach yourself new things makes you more like a scanner than a typical person.

Self discovery is nice. But try to be yourself and have fun. Don't worry so much about finding the right label for yourself.
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Return to Refuse to Choose: The Forum for Scanners