Productivity workshop for Scanners!

What should you do when you want to do everything? If you're fascinated by everything, and you've been called dabbler, dilettante, undisciplined, indecisive etc., this forum is for you.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Productivity workshop for Scanners!

Postby DStaub11 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:40 pm

I would love to see some of you here!! I would also love feedback on the wording--I'm trying to attract scanners, since this organizing workshop is aimed at them/you/us! Taming the Wild Project List A workshop by Do Mi Stauber Do you juggle multiple creative interests as well as professional commitments and family responsibilities? Are wonderful projects lying around your house waiting to be completed? Do you wake in the night with visions for yet more new creations? Do you wonder whether you can have a sane life with all this going on? Then this workshop is for you! Popular workshop presenter Do Mi Stauber, a connoisseur of time management systems for many years, has found a combination of organizing tools that enables her to excel in many areas of her multifaceted life. This participatory workshop provides participants with a toolkit for managing daily tasks, deadlines, multiple ongoing projects, and creative new ideas. Among the strategies covered in the workshop are: --A flexible organization system that promotes calm and clarity by creating conceptual homes for all of your tasks, projects, and ideas --Mindmapping techniques for brainstorming, planning, and collecting information, using the natural strengths of the creative brain --Strategies for welcoming multiple interests and projects and integrating them into a sane and balanced life. Practical hands-on activities and Do Mi's enthusiastic and empowering style make this workshop an energizing experience, and sends participants home ready to enjoy and manage their own wild project lists. Presenter Biography: Do Mi Stauber presents, consults, and coaches in the area of personal productivity for creative people with multiple interests. She has presented highly popular workshops in a wide range of fields, including indexing, colored pencil art, and early childhood education. She has embraced her nature as a person with multiple interests who will never settle for just one passion. Among the fields in which she excels are back-of-book indexing, self-publishing, colored pencil art, art teaching, guitar, and choral music. Testimonials: --Thank you for a wonderful workshop: instructive, interesting, and presented with humor and showmanship. --You're a very dynamic speaker and I found the workshop to be incredibly inspiring—thank you! --Inspirational, empowering. --You have just changed my life…Wow and wow!! Date, Time, Location, Cost: Saturday, September 20 Six hours Avalon Lodge, a unique and lovely setting in the woods of South Eugene Sliding scale $80-$150. Lunch provided. Full payment in advance required. Optional informal evening gathering For more information or to register, contact: Do Mi Stauber 2809 Shirley St. Eugene, OR 97404 541-461-4570 dmstauber@gmail.com www.domistauberindexing.com www.domistauberart.com
Intimate Landscapes in Colored Pencil http://www.domistauberart.com Facing the Text: Content and Structure in Book Indexing http://www.domistauberindexing.com
DStaub11
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Re: Productivity workshop for Scanners!

Postby elizagard » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:34 am

Do Mi, If I didn't have a wedding to attend on the same day, I'd seriously consider coming up to Oregon for this. Let us know how it goes. If you do another one, I'll be interested. When I went to Corfu scanner retreat, I did hope that some of this would be covered, what did happen was wonderful, but we didn't get into the time and project management. Elizabeth
elizagard
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Trueasiteverwas » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:04 am

I liked "a connoisseur of time management systems " Will the workshop have handout take home materials? I'm imagining well-indexed, with colored pencil pictures, and music to calmly juggle multiple projects by. Just started my "what I want for Christmas list" by emailing a brother your indexing book and colored pencil art sites.
Trueasiteverwas
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby DStaub11 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:27 pm

I'm so glad this sounds useful to people! Yes, there will be many useful handouts (and a couple of little presents, too!). By the way, the sliding scale means that you choose how much in the range you can afford. "Connoiseur of time management systems" = it's one of my scanner interests! Do Mi
Intimate Landscapes in Colored Pencil http://www.domistauberart.com Facing the Text: Content and Structure in Book Indexing http://www.domistauberindexing.com
DStaub11
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Andreya » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:53 am

I'm interested in how the workshop went! And in any helpful techniques to try and master? :) Time management & productivity & getting organized are my scanner interests too, it's awesome someone actually started making workshops about this!
'Everything is possible. They make rockets and put them on the moon, you know!' (neighbour, on closing up a balcony)
Andreya
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby skannie » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:55 pm

Hi Andreya. Welcome back! Haven't seen you here for a while. Do Mi, that does sound like a very interesting and useful course. Did you run any others since that one? Have you thought about doing online courses so us Europeans could participate? Or how about an e-book?
www.beyond-mountains.com
www.scannertribe.com
Scanner Tribe Group on Facebook
Scanner Tribe group on LinkedIn
Twitter - @scannertribe
skannie
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Andreya » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:10 am

Hi Skannie! Great to see you again! :) Yes, I would be interested in an online course or e-book too! :) I've seen a great website about ADD organizing/time management, perhaps it could be helpful to others too? http://www.lotusbridge.com/index.html I've only read the free articles so far, some 'before' and 'after' pictures of offices etc were most inspiring! Interesting article comparing personality types/ADD/organization issues: http://blog.neatandsimple.com/2008/05/i ... or-pe.html (I've tested as INFP and occasionally ENFP or some others on the online tests) I've already got the GTD book and Organized Writer, Refuse to Choose and a few others.. :) Am still tweaking the systems.. I keep finding good things in all these books (and then forgetting some others I already read about before, lol - only to rediscover them a few years later, when I pick up the book again, lol!) Has anyone found tips for ADD helpful? (Disclaimer: I have no idea if I have ADD or not, never got tested, not sure if I even 'believe' in the label, it definitely sounds familiar in some areas, lol!)
'Everything is possible. They make rockets and put them on the moon, you know!' (neighbour, on closing up a balcony)
Andreya
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Return to Refuse to Choose: The Forum for Scanners