Online group for scanners?

What should you do when you want to do everything? If you're fascinated by everything, and you've been called dabbler, dilettante, undisciplined, indecisive etc., this forum is for you.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Re: Online group for scanners?

Postby shparks » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:03 am

I prefer Yahoo Groups, since I already use them.
shparks
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby happykat » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:13 pm

I prefer yahoo because I use yahoo for email. Am also happy with a private facebook group.
happykat
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby TomK » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:34 am

Any ideas for a name/ specific purpose of that group? I don't know what the 8 week success team is that someone mentioned above. Personally, I would like an email group for frustrated scanners, bouncing off ideas/ thinking out loud.
TomK
New Poster
New Poster

Postby shparks » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:53 am

TomK wrote:Any ideas for a name/ specific purpose of that group? I don't know what the 8 week success team is that someone mentioned above. Personally, I would like an email group for frustrated scanners, bouncing off ideas/ thinking out loud.
Yeah, like a Brainstorming Club or something. I don't know what a Success Team is either.
shparks
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby TomK » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:52 pm

How about scanners_online@ ?
TomK
New Poster
New Poster

Postby TomK » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:21 am

Can't help but noticing this post has lost momentum. Are people still interested in an online group?
TomK
New Poster
New Poster

Postby shparks » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:55 am

Anyone can make a Yahoo group. I could do it if people want one.
shparks
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby 3Zero » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:32 pm

TomK wrote:Can't help but noticing this post has lost momentum. Are people still interested in an online group?
I am. I would like to create an online Success Team that could meet periodically for a conference call. Do you have a webcam (or even a microphone)? Would you be willing to download & setup Skype? If so, an online meeting (conference call) is possible with your computer. The only real challenge is the set-up (which is actually fairly straightforward). The conference call and software are free - and the quality is quite good, too. I did a bit of research last year and found the Microsoft VX-3000 webcam to be a good choice for (at least) Windows PCs (XP and Vista). Here's a link to the webcam on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-68A-00001-LifeCam-VX-3000/dp/B000EVM5DK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1256790047&sr=8-1 Anyone think this would be worthwhile? --Rich
3Zero
New Poster
New Poster

Postby shparks » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:22 am

3Zero wrote:
TomK wrote:Can't help but noticing this post has lost momentum. Are people still interested in an online group?
I am. I would like to create an online Success Team that could meet periodically for a conference call. Do you have a webcam (or even a microphone)? Would you be willing to download & setup Skype? If so, an online meeting (conference call) is possible with your computer. The only real challenge is the set-up (which is actually fairly straightforward). The conference call and software are free - and the quality is quite good, too. I did a bit of research last year and found the Microsoft VX-3000 webcam to be a good choice for (at least) Windows PCs (XP and Vista). Here's a link to the webcam on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-68A-00001-LifeCam-VX-3000/dp/B000EVM5DK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1256790047&sr=8-1 Anyone think this would be worthwhile? --Rich
I am interested in the Yahoo Group idea, but I would not want to do anything as involved as what you are describing here. And I still do not know what a Success Team is.
shparks
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby 3Zero » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:05 am

shparks wrote:And I still do not know what a Success Team is.
Success Teams are described here: http://www.shersuccessteams.com/basics.htm --Rich
3Zero
New Poster
New Poster

Postby Wolf Goddess » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:29 am

It does seem that this thread has lost momentum, but I will still make a suggestion. I think a much better alternative to Yahoo would be ning. http://www.ning.com/ This is a fantastic social networking site. Check out one of the featured sites like the Hershey's Cookie Exchange. http://kissescookies.ning.com/ Each person gets their own page. You can put in photos, blogs, sub groups, music and everything you can think of. And it's all very easy to do. Yahoo is so yesterday. WG
You will never plow a field by turning it over in your mind.
Visit Zebracorn Art Journeys at www.zebracorn.com
Wolf Goddess
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby TomK » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:39 am

I like the ning idea. And shall I dare suggest Google Wave as an alternative - though it's still early days for Google Wave?
TomK
New Poster
New Poster

Postby Wolf Goddess » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:46 pm

It looks interesting. I am watching the video. (about 1 1/2 hours) WG
Wolf Goddess
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby doloresc » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:42 am

I don't know anything about any of the sites mentioned, but I would be interested in joining an online success team. If you get a site chosen, just let me know. I will keep watching these posts and hopefully someone will get something set up.
doloresc
New User
New User

Postby Wolf Goddess » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:38 am

I thought I read something on this board about an online group for scanners who are artists and writers. A group like that would help me focus much more. I think we could help each other move forward in our careers and generate more income streams. WG
Wolf Goddess
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Refuse to Choose: The Forum for Scanners