April' Scanner Retreat - success

What should you do when you want to do everything? If you're fascinated by everything, and you've been called dabbler, dilettante, undisciplined, indecisive etc., this forum is for you.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

April' Scanner Retreat - success

Postby LadyKitty » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:15 pm

**Not sure where to post this, but I'm 60 - and I figured Tituba or someone would move me to the right spot, please?** I did it! I pushed the PAY button and signed up for April's Scanner retreat. All last week I stuttered over it; blithered to my 3 buddies; and panicked quite a bit. (I've followed BSher for years, cried thru parts of all the books 'cause they zinged so well, but still ....I stalled.) So, I finally pushed the button and immediately came near to being sick. Then I got the chills and my knees started to wobble. I've never had that happen before. odd feeling. I grabbed the cat and we passed out under the covers. (She's in constant nap-mode but this time she insisted on sleeping on my chest instead of my shoulder. Is there something to "a load off my chest" - she often sleeps where I have pain? ) The next morning I felt just revitalized! No other word for it. I have plans to make and lists to begin. And somethings - and some ones - magical to find at the end. Meeting Barbara will be a thrill, but I think my success was pushing that last key. Here's to a great year! LadyKitty Kate
LadyKitty
New Poster
New Poster

Re: Success Over the age of 40

Postby skannie » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:57 pm

YYAAAYYYYYY!!! Well done Kate!!! Yes pressing that button was a big success. I think most scanners who know Barbara's work have it in their minds that they'd like to go to a Scanners' retreat someday. But to press that final button and change the someday into a definite plan with a specific date is really scary. I know those sick wobbly feelings that build up when you're about to make a final decision on something you badly want to do. They are your inner resistance saying - this plan is dangerous, it could totally change your life in ways we don't know about yet, safe and boring is better. But like Barbara says - your resistance is stupid. I'm really glad you got the better of it. Here's to 2010!
www.beyond-mountains.com
www.scannertribe.com
Scanner Tribe Group on Facebook
Scanner Tribe group on LinkedIn
Twitter - @scannertribe
skannie
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Andreya » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:00 am

WOW!! :) Do report how it goes!! I'd definitely like to go to something like that someday, even considered an online course recently. At the moment the money is a bit tight, so hopefully in the future.. I somehow feel 'safer' just getting the books, since they can be passed on or 're-sold' (never actually did that, which may explain why my attic looks the way it does!) - it's much more 'zero waste' and 'clutter-free' to take a course or a retreat, I guess.. (Probably depends on means of travel, how eco it is...) Other than that, a GREAT idea for luxury travel or holiday - much better than just going to the seaside (bores me to death) or Aspen, lol! (I don't ski) It's awesome that magical things are happening! I fully believe most people can reach the age of 90 at least, so imagine what awesome projects and things you've yet to accomplish!! :) Say hi to kat, I've heard cats are great reiki masters!!
'Everything is possible. They make rockets and put them on the moon, you know!' (neighbour, on closing up a balcony)
Andreya
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby sallypz » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:59 am

Congratulations---my finances are too tight at the moment to even consider going---so I'm very envious--would love to be there too--let us know how it goes. Love the description of the wobbly knees and all...isn't that the truth when you make a big decision...makes me feel good that I'm not the only person that gets that way. By the way--I'm 56--and will be starting Grad School in Spring---something I've wanted to do all my life---but have always talked myself out of for won reason or another---I expect that same 'wobbly' feeling the first day of class...might just have to drive to the school repeating over and over to myself 'I can do this. I can do this.' but that's OK too...as long as I get there and into the classroom. The first step toward any goal/success is showing up...That, I consider one of my talents, I show up. Best of luck. Kudos on a decision well done. Hooray!!!! sallypz(MoxieMe) PS...You're never too old to succeed!!! NEVER!!
sallypz
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Re: April' Scanner Retreat - success

Postby LadyKitty » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:54 pm

Thank you all – for the good words! Skannie – Thanks for getting this post into the right spot. Andreya – 90 years, you say? I like that. Also, til the finances allow, there so many “Barbara” pieces on YouTube now. Almost as good as being there, but without the long plane trip. Cat says Hi – and that yes, she knew she was a master of anything important! :wink: Sallypz – Whoa! Grad school. What a great decision. YES –Of course you can! (But I’m wobbling for you too. Is there an actual first day of school for grad courses? Let us know when to root for you. Here’s to a great year full of challenges and accomplishments – and shared wobblies, LadyKitty Kate
LadyKitty
New Poster
New Poster

Return to Refuse to Choose: The Forum for Scanners