How do you use daybooks?

What should you do when you want to do everything? If you're fascinated by everything, and you've been called dabbler, dilettante, undisciplined, indecisive etc., this forum is for you.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

How do you use daybooks?

Postby happykat » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:47 am

How do you do them? How do they help you? I'd love to get ideas :)
happykat
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Re: How do you use daybooks?

Postby SquarePeg » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:34 am

When I get an idea, I create a new blog post, but usually I only save it, I don't publish it*. I give it a special tag, and put a SDP prefix on the title. It's similar to the daybook that Barbara wrote about, or at least it serves the same purpose as I see it.

* Well, I checked out my blog. I published 7 "pages" from my daybook, which you can see -->here<--. Nothing to write home to mother about, really -- I rarely refer back to it or follow up on the ideas.
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: How do you use daybooks?

Postby elizagard » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:31 pm

* I have pasted in photos that I cut out from magazines and originally intended for a collage. For example, dining table outside with lots of friends having dinner. On the opposite page, I brainstormed words associated with the image.

* Maps of unfinished projects from the Refuse to Choose book exercise

* Various Lists of all my interests - rewards, durations, and so on.

* Ideas for things I might like to do - a book, documentary, garden shed in the backyard, my garden, organize the American museum in Wash. DC better, and so on.
elizagard
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Return to Refuse to Choose: The Forum for Scanners