The slash effect

What should you do when you want to do everything? If you're fascinated by everything, and you've been called dabbler, dilettante, undisciplined, indecisive etc., this forum is for you.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

The slash effect

Postby kathi3 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:04 am

Just discovered a book by Marci Alboher called One Person/Multiple Careers - the slash effect. New model for work/life success." anyone else read it & what do you think?
Hasnt Barbara been saying all this for years?
The only thing that hesitates an A+ from me is can we really take a guy seriously whose a dentist, selling nutritional dog food in his waiting room and doing stand up comedy jokes (yes hes a professional comedian) as he checks your teeth?? (really happened to me - but for some reason I didnt stick with him..) I guess thats being unfair.
I think Im for the 'umbrella' system. Things sort of relating??
Opinions please.

Kathi3
kathi3
New User
New User

Re: The slash effect

Postby Unity1 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:41 am

That must have been a very strange experience for you Kathi with that dentist :D

I've seen that online, where you visit a website belonging to someone working in a certain field yet they also have pages on their other jobs, often very peculiar so it can make you feel uncomfortable.
Unity1
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Scenario Thinker » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:49 am

kathi3 wrote: ... doing stand up comedy jokes (yes hes a professional comedian) as he checks your teeth??

You could tell your dentist some jokes ... I remember these from a Mad magazine years ago;

"Looking a little down in the mouth, eh doc?"

"As long as we're here, could you take a little off the top?"
S.Thinker
....o
^/v
/>
Scenario Thinker
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity1 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:36 pm

I hope you don't use those jokes in your chat up lines ST :D
Unity1
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby shparks » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:41 am

kathi3 wrote:The only thing that hesitates an A+ from me is can we really take a guy seriously whose a dentist, selling nutritional dog food in his waiting room and doing stand up comedy jokes (yes hes a professional comedian) as he checks your teeth?? (really happened to me - but for some reason I didnt stick with him..) I guess thats being unfair.

Um, are you kidding? I would love to go to a dentist who was also a stand-up comedian and did his comedy bits during the examination. We could call it a "routine checkup." Ha Ha. I would actually look forward to appointments.
shparks
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Return to Refuse to Choose: The Forum for Scanners