How to pretend that I am enrolled in a course

What should you do when you want to do everything? If you're fascinated by everything, and you've been called dabbler, dilettante, undisciplined, indecisive etc., this forum is for you.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

How to pretend that I am enrolled in a course

Postby onestrokeartist » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:03 pm

One thing I have noticed is that when I have paid for a fun course to learn something I find that I am totally focused and will practise/play every night after work and on the weekends learning this new skill. For example, I have taken paid courses in ukulele, portrait drawing, beginner sewing, etc. And I do end up completing my course projects which gives me a tremendous sense of accomplishment since I am at heart a scanner. My question to Barbara and all of you is how do I obtain that motivation when I am not enrolled in any class?
onestrokeartist
New User
New User

Re: How to pretend that I am enrolled in a course

Postby Tituba » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:29 pm

I obtain that motivation when I am not enrolled in any class?

My guess is that not only the monetary aspect but the accountability is the motivation. If you need that structure, then find a friend or couch to hold you accountable and for feedback.
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:51 pm

Estimate how much time it will take to achieve a certain level of mastery in that skill. Then, schedule a performance / exhibition / grand opening and publicly advertise it. That should get your a$$ in gear. ;)
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby onestrokeartist » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:42 pm

Thank you for your feedback, very much appreciated!
onestrokeartist
New User
New User

Return to Refuse to Choose: The Forum for Scanners