Scanner Interaction : Where is ?

What should you do when you want to do everything? If you're fascinated by everything, and you've been called dabbler, dilettante, undisciplined, indecisive etc., this forum is for you.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Re: Scanner Interaction : Where is ?

Postby BarbaraSher » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:38 pm

Being in Europe, I'm pretty sleepy right now, but I know one thing for sure: questions wake everyone up.

I like Facebook okay, but it wiggles like a greased snake. I never know if I'll find a post again. And I got mad at Twitter when they made their site unusable for Tweetgrid. (I loved searching for ten terms at a time.) Now I never go over there.

So this is where we should ask those questions.

And, if you click the 'search' field up at the top of this page on the right side, you'll get a list like the one I pasted in my post above - with one improvement: you can click on each one and if you like the comment, you can 'reply' to it. Which is not only great fun, and will not only introduce you to lots of Scanners, but will wake up all the Scanners on this board.

I'm pretty sleepy but I think I'll search for Scanners again and click on one of those links, maybe say Hi. I'll tell you if anything comes of it. (I bet it wouldn't bother anybody a bit if you did the same.)
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby elizagard » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:30 am

Facebook is just okay. It is best for photos and links, but not for any deep discussions like we have here. I came back to the boards a few weeks ago but took a break for a week or two due to tendinitis. Sorry for not replying right away on the topics i revived as a result of my computer and typing break.

I am not yet convinced i like twitter yet. There are only a couple posters I like so far like lets go ride a bike in conjunction with their blog. As with above, i like the links to more in depth postings, articles, and videos.

As for this board, it does help draw more people in if barbara is involved and asking questions. She has that talent.

Elizabeth
elizagard
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:35 pm

I'm a member of another group within a message board that tried an experiment on FB as a private group. The benefit of FB was that you could easily post photos in the group. But message threads were very hard to keep track of, and many members felt that their FB friends (who were not members of the group) could also read the group. That "privacy paranoia" was what ultimately led to the group disbanding. No one wanted to post anymore!
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Scenario Thinker » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:17 pm

I like what Barbara said about FB:
BarbaraSher wrote: ... it wiggles like a greased snake. I never know if I'll find a post again.
S.Thinker
....o
^/v
/>
Scenario Thinker
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby souljacker » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:07 am

I'm new here too, and I plan to hang around. Hopefully, it will get more busy! (I don't have facebook, because it is the devil's work! :evil: :) )

Ro
souljacker
New User
New User

Previous

Return to Refuse to Choose: The Forum for Scanners