Microsoft OneNote - alternative to binders

What should you do when you want to do everything? If you're fascinated by everything, and you've been called dabbler, dilettante, undisciplined, indecisive etc., this forum is for you.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Microsoft OneNote - alternative to binders

Postby JessicaBarker90 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:29 am

Hey guys! My name is Jessica and I am very new so I can't post an actual link to Microsoft OneNote, but after reading about having 20-30 3-ring binders in "Refuse to Choose!" and getting overwhelmed because my house already has so many books and notebooks in it, I realized I already have had the solution to that for several years now... Microsoft OneNote!! Better than any organizational software I've ever tried, and it's free to download on PC, Mac, or I think even Linux. Yeah, so, this sounds like a shameless plug, but I just got really excited and wanted to make sure everyone else knew about it. You can create folders, files within the folders, and pages within the files (you used to be able to make sub-pages in an older version, which was seriously handy, but oh well). I use it for pretty much everything. The latest version also comes with a screen-capture feature where you can copy anything online straight to OneNote so it can be a kind of digital scrapbook without messing with the format of anything. Also it saves automatically so you don't have to think about that, and synchs with the cloud when you're online so I guess nothing is lost!

Anyway, if you just Google "microsoft onenote free download" it should be one of the first results. Sorry again for the shameless plug but this has helped me so much! Also Thank you Barbara for writing such an amazing book... up until now I've been reading terrible, hopeless books about how I am just ADHD and there's nothing that can help me except therapy and medication. Thanks to you, regardless of any ADHD that may or may not be present, it turns out I'm just a Sybil Scanner that operates somewhere between the School Day and Physician schedule. Thank you, you have pulled me out of one of the biggest depressions of my life!!
JessicaBarker90
New User
New User

Re: Microsoft OneNote - alternative to binders

Postby SquarePeg » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:02 am

Welcome, Jessica, and thanks for the idea!

OneNote appears to be one of the apps that works with OneDrive, Microsoft's version of Google Drive/Docs, which I've been using myself, as well as Evernote.
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: Microsoft OneNote - alternative to binders

Postby NowIknow » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:56 am

Thank you and welcome :)
NowIknow
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Return to Refuse to Choose: The Forum for Scanners