Topic for random things

What should you do when you want to do everything? If you're fascinated by everything, and you've been called dabbler, dilettante, undisciplined, indecisive etc., this forum is for you.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Topic for random things

Postby Midaila » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:52 am

Intended for things to say but not necessary requiring a topic of its own.

I just realized I can do lots of different things. Been using a variety of handcrafting skills for making christmas presents.
And here I thought I haven't been doing anything useful with my time since I've only got 3 degrees and one in the making (and I'm already 25).

Just last weekend I studied how to make a bag with coffee bags - took me 4 days to learn how, to wash and cut and fold all the pieces and make the bag itself. Had a very useful book to learn from. Looking back, those few days were quite intense, but now I have acquired another skill if I ever want to make another coffee craft again.

Tsk, I'm quite proud of myself,
Midaila
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Re: Topic for random things

Postby SquarePeg » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:26 am

For some reason I am compelled to ask, "Did you attend your senior prom wearing a dress made out of newspapers or plastic grocery bags?"

I mean no offense by this because I admire those who would answer 'yes'.

Anyway, it sounds cool! Great job! Are these coffee bags the burlap bags that the whole beans are shipped in by bulk?
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Midaila » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:07 pm

They're bags that contain half a kilo of grinded coffee, kinda small ones.

If I knew what I know today back then, I would've made my prom dress from recycled materials. Back then I didn't even know I was into handcrafts ;P

Ps. Currently learning how to make an amigurumi, trying to make a Thor doll for my friend as a present.
Midaila
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby Midaila » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:37 am

Now that the end of year is approaching, I'm feeling quite down. Seems like I haven't really accomplished anything the whole year... Makes me depressed.
Midaila
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby Tituba » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:06 am

Get a box and label is "good stuff 2015"

Everytime you have a success, write it on a piece of paper and put it in the box.

At this time next year, you will find many pieces of paper reminding you of all those accomplishments.

We tend to only remember the big things and discount all those little victories. Even decluttering your closet is an accomplishment. Write all of them down and you will see that you accomplished more than you remember.
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Midaila » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:35 pm

Tituba wrote:Get a box and label is "good stuff 2015".

That is actually a very good idea. Then, maybe this time next year I don't have to feel so miserable :roll:
Midaila
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:27 pm

When I read about the coffee bag handbags, my first thought was "how did she do it? Is it something I could do.?"
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Return to Refuse to Choose: The Forum for Scanners