Jobs to do while carrying a baby around?

What should you do when you want to do everything? If you're fascinated by everything, and you've been called dabbler, dilettante, undisciplined, indecisive etc., this forum is for you.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Jobs to do while carrying a baby around?

Postby Midaila » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:21 pm

Hello again.

After pondering our family's financial situation, I figured I should get some work to bring some money in. My baby's just short of 5 months and I'll be having her with me at all times until she's at least three, even if it mean being officially unemployed.

For now I'm going through options. What kind of jobs can I do like this? Doesn't need to be regular or full-time, once in a while is good, too. I do babywearing, so the baby comes along effortlessly.

I'd like lots of ideas and possible umbrella careers. I lent my piece of Refuse to Choose so can't check that right now, either.
Midaila
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Re: Jobs to do while carrying a baby around?

Postby NowIknow » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:36 pm

Hi Midaila,

Though I don't have any idea what job could be since I'm not in the U.S. I just would like to give my best wish for you in getting the kind job which suitable for your situaiton. :) :)
NowIknow
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby pattyn » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:24 am

I have no idea what talents or interests you might have or how much you're trying to earn, but here are a few.

Jobs while wearing an infant:
- Professional organizer
- Interior decorator
- Housekeeper
- Anything by telephone (sales, coaching, collections, tech support)
- Teacher or leader of Mommy & Me sessions, kids' birthday parties, bounce around storefront
- Quiet retail (pet store, high end gift shop, art gallery)
- Quiltmaker, dressmaker
- Cooking class instructor
- Personal chef
- Professor
- Lamaze instructor

Jobs with a toddler in tow:
- Teacher or leader of Mommy & Me sessions, kids' birthday parties, bounce around storefront
- Furniture tester
- Childproofing device tester
- Preschool toy tester
- Nursery school teacher or daycare provider
- Patty Newbold
Director, Sher Success Teams
Marriage Education Author/Speaker - assumelove.com - enjoybeingmarried.com
pattyn
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:29 am

I would add "dog walker" (calm, trained dogs, only) or anything involving walking. My daughter loved going on walks in the backpack. That could be combined with house sitting, as well. I was going to suggest pet sitting in general, but the issue with cats and their tendency to spread toxoplasmosis may be a good reason to avoid that for now. The issue with that is if you were to become pregnant again.
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby elizagard » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:00 pm

A friend of mine just told me that his mother would put him in a basinet just outside the window while she was in school. I'm not sure that anyone could do that these days!
elizagard
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Return to Refuse to Choose: The Forum for Scanners