Reading Refuse to Choose Together

What should you do when you want to do everything? If you're fascinated by everything, and you've been called dabbler, dilettante, undisciplined, indecisive etc., this forum is for you.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Re: Reading Refuse to Choose Together

Postby kim@eastwillow » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:44 pm

Hey -- La Fenice -

I just thought I would mention this - There is a new book club starting on Barbara Sher's website - http://barbarasclub.com/bookclub/llyl2016/

I'm in Group A - so if you decide to register and can get into Group A, then I will see you over there.

I've not looked at the book yet... but I'm always up for an adventure - seems like a nice group of people so...anyways, just thought I would mention it. Not crazy expensive - only $77 american dollars.

Let me know if you decide to do it.

:-)

The interesting thing about "starting a business" - I don't know if you follow Seth Godin at all, but he has a really interesting idea he talks about -- the difference between a "freelancer" and an "entrepreneur" -

It is a really good distinction, because an entrepreneur is really interested in "running a business" - but a freelancer is really just interested in doing good work for people -

Here are two links if you are interested in this distinction -

written content:
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/smal ... eth-godin/

audio content:
http://www.earwolf.com/episode/freelanc ... repreneur/

I consider myself a freelancer - I like doing work. I don't really have any interest so much (at least not right now) in the ins and outs of running a business, hiring people, etc. - I just like to do fun work that I'm interested in.

So anyways - just thought of this so figured I would offer it up.

I would come and sip chai with you :-) ... but I don't knit... :-0
kim@eastwillow
New Poster
New Poster

Postby La Fenice » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:13 am

Oh that's something I never thought about! :) Thanks! I will check the links!
And I am in group A as well but I haven't understood WHERE we should meet the group.
I might have to re-read the mails I have received because so far I haven't seen where the group is supposed to write ><
I am such a noob :D
La Fenice
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:42 pm

Hi,

I got the book and skimmed through it. At the age of 61, I feel like I know myself pretty well and I'm happy with how I approach my work, hobbies and what I do.

Our culture mostly values how women look when they get older. "Doesn't she look good for her age?" Most of our role models are actresses who have had multiple facelifts. The more accurate comment would be, "Gee, her facelift really turned out well, didn't it?"

I have learned so much about myself over the years. Barbara's books have helped me over and over again, and changed the way I see myself and my life. The cool thing is: I DON'T NEED TO READ ANOTHER OF HER BOOKS! All I need to do is live my life and enjoy it.

Good luck to all of you with this book. It looks like another of Barbara's winners. I'll stop by to read what you're sharing about what you're learning about yourself. How exciting for you to start understanding yourself even more and being able to choose what you want to do with your life and feel comfortable being who you are.

Best wishes,

Inspire Success
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby La Fenice » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:48 am

Hey thank you :D

Yes it is a great new feeling! I have just started understanding things about me, or actually seeing them in a different light... cause I always knew I don't stick to anything and I love the joy and excitement of new beginnings... but I used to feel bad about it, now I definitely don't! :)

I enjoy Barbara's exercises!
So I cannot really wait to start this course! I think it will be fun! :)
La Fenice
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby La Fenice » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:24 am

I have actually decided to leave it.
I have been reading Refuse to Choose and I have stopped reading it after I got what I needed from it!
It was definitely needed!
I also spoke with a Barbara's coach and I found this very nice person who has been really helping me.
I feel like I am at a point in my life when everything is looking good, I am learning things without feeling guilty or overwhelmed by silly thoughts of "how to earn money out of it" and I must say I surprisingly find myself AT PEACE at the moment.
I don't have any need to try to find what I want to do because I have decided already and I am already doing things to obtain what I want to do.
So I have decided to leave the club for this time.
Maybe another time!
La Fenice
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:25 am

La Fenice wrote: I must say I surprisingly find myself AT PEACE at the moment.

So I have decided to leave the club for this time.

I'm so glad you're finding yourself AT PEACE. That's a lovely place to be.

Does "leaving the club" mean you won't be posting here on the Boards again? If that's true, I'm sad to have you leave us. I enjoyed your presence and enthusiasm. Come back and visit us at any time. You are always welcome.

Inspire Success
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby La Fenice » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:22 pm

No no no!
I will still be posting here and reading too :D
I meant the "book club" of Barbara, where Kim is as well!

I am a little downhearted at the moment: I have a swollen knee.
I have had it before, gone to doctor, have had injections and done physiotherapy.. but I started doing sport again and after a month of feeling great... tadaaaa: one wrong exercise and I am back as before :(
I feel so down because I am enjoying working out these days, I have had great results so far. Tomorrow I have planned an arm and abs workout so my lower body will rest. I will only do lower body exercises to help hips and knees get better, but if I have pain I won't do anything at all in the lower body.
:(
La Fenice
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Previous

Return to Refuse to Choose: The Forum for Scanners