Love, Relationships and Scanners

What should you do when you want to do everything? If you're fascinated by everything, and you've been called dabbler, dilettante, undisciplined, indecisive etc., this forum is for you.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Love, Relationships and Scanners

Postby endycool » Mon May 22, 2017 1:28 pm

I have recently discover I am Scanner. I'm still allowing the idea to sink in....
I was wondering how Scanners relate to love relationships. It might be an odd topic, but I would like to hear/read more about it. As I'm reading the book I have begin to notice how I have applied the same approach to projects/careers than to partner. Needless to say, I'm not proud about it. The lack of commitment, the idea that there's always something/someone more, the promises/projects that never come true, the boredom....
I find myself now in a relationship with anothe scanner that has the same attitude towards projects and relationship and is turning to be a clear and painful mirror where I see some of my own attitudes reflected and now I experience the other side of the fence.
I know this forums is more orientated towards careers and such, but I was simply wondering if anyone else has seen or experience similar behavioural patterns.
What worries me is that projects are projects and people are people and can not be treated the same way. I can accept that I'm a scanner and that I will change carreers over and over, but I can't maintain the same approach toward people. Which lead me to the problem to stick to something/someone... And there is where the dilemma begins, because as a scanner I don't have the practice or the tendency to stick. I don't know how people do that.

Is a really broad question. I would simply like to know opinions, experiences or ideas. I know is a sensitive subject and could lead to arguments and judgments. I'm simply asking in this community because I would like to find a peaceful, respectful approach.

Thanks!
endycool
New User
New User

Re: Love, Relationships and Scanners

Postby SquarePeg » Wed May 24, 2017 7:34 pm

The topic has come up before, and it's a great one!

My brief response is that projects and people differ in the emotional connection. If you neglect or abandon a project, it won't experience pain or sadness. And if you devote yourself to a project, it won't experience happiness and joy. But in a healthy relationship, people are different. Both people in the partnership can suffer when they neglect each other, and both will flourish when they care for each other.

If you feel joy while engaged in a project, that's fine, but remember that the project isn't sharing in your joy.
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: Love, Relationships and Scanners

Postby endycool » Wed May 24, 2017 11:12 pm

Thanks for response, I like your last phrase about the project not feeling joy by itself. Is a really interesting way of seeing it.
I did a search before but couldn't find anything on the forums. I will look more carefully to read other approaches
endycool
New User
New User

Return to Refuse to Choose: The Forum for Scanners