Seaking for an advice on how to orginize my life

What should you do when you want to do everything? If you're fascinated by everything, and you've been called dabbler, dilettante, undisciplined, indecisive etc., this forum is for you.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Seaking for an advice on how to orginize my life

Postby anastasia244 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:07 am

Hi, dear scanner guys!:)

I read "Refuse to Choose!" and "How to Do What You Love Without Starving to Death", but I still have troubles organizing my life..)) I guess I'm too slow or indecisive. I really want your piece of advice and thank you very-very much in advance!

Here are the things I like:

1) I like to spend time with animals (especially dogs!!! also dolphins, squirrels, owls, hedgehogs; big cats are amazing too).

I feel like if I hadn't had any work experience right now, hadn't known English and etc., I would have connected my job with animals. But in the current situation it would have ment that I spent so many years at university and sooo many years learning English for nothing. I know it's stupid:) to continue doing something I don't like just because I already lost much time. But I just really need to see all the options. Maybe I haven't considered all of them?..

2) Speak English with English-speakers in a relaxing manner (without overthinking every word and grammar rules). I like the sound of my voice pronouncing english words))

3) Reading classic fiction.

4) Aerial gymnastics.

5) Drawing, painting.

6) Creating something beautiful (pictures, dishes, paintings, etc.)

7) Spending time, participating in a new activity (from clay modeling to a balloon flight), widening my comfort zone, learning something new and exciting.

8) Travelling.

9) Diversity (monotonous and routine activities are literally killing me).

10) Meeting new positive people who lead an exciting life (although I am shy and kind of an introvert).

11) Helping people, making their life easier, using my own experience and knowledge.

12) Personal development.

I believe it's important to mention that I'm trying to change my lifestyle to more "womanly" with more creativity and freedom, less stresses and deadlines.

I don't like:
- Teaching. I'm not really a teacher. It's exhausting for me.
- Doing work where I don't use at least some of my favourite skills from above.
- Office work.
- Work a certain number of hours every day.
- Working with people I don't like/respect.
- Hostile work environment.

Could you please help me and give me a piece of advice on how I could orginize my life? I would really appreciate that!
anastasia244
New User
New User

Re: Seaking for an advice on how to orginize my life

Postby Elaine Glimme » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:58 am

I only know what you've written, so I can't tell you what the perfect job is. Even if I'd known you for ten years, I couldn't tell you that. So here are my ideas - take whatever works.

I think you just graduated. So you don't really know what a career feels like. The way you will learn that is by getting a job and finding out what works and what doesn't. There's a book, "What Color is your Parachute?" that will help you find jobs that would suit you.

You're obviously a scanner. Most of your scanner interests can be done after work. You can be an artist during your lunch hour, you can join a book club and talk to people in English. You can volunteer at an animal shelter. (Or get a job working in a veterinarian's office or a zoo.) You can travel during your vacation. (Or get a job that involves a lot of travel.)

Barbara Sher talks about a good-enough job. It's a job that is reasonably enjoyable, that pays the bills, and leaves you lots of time for all those other scanner activities.

Also, as you work, you will learn about what makes you happy and what doesn't.

Good luck.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:19 pm

Welcome!

Your request is for advice about organizing, but the content is more about career direction.

I think you should include animals in your life in some way. A Nature Center seems like an environment that would suit you.

Are there any English speakers where you live?
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:52 pm

Or get a pet.

Another comment about "What Color is Your Parachute" - It talks about you, your likes and dislikes, and it tells you about jobs/careers that suit you. You gave a lot of information about yourself, what would work for you. The book goes the same way. For example do you like to work indoors or outdoors? How much time do you like to spend with people. So on. I read it in English. It sounds as if your English is good enough to read the English version. I don't know what your native language is, but it's probblby been translated into that language.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Return to Refuse to Choose: The Forum for Scanners