First Pilot Success Team - Ponte Vedra, Florida

A read-only forum where Success Team Leaders write about their team members' Successes.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

First Pilot Success Team - Ponte Vedra, Florida

Postby MarilynWilson » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:48 am

Hi Everyone, Well, the time has come that i have been preparing for. My first pilot success team starts Monday, January 12. 10-12 noon. I have 4 others and me. Hope that is enough. I read somewhere that for the first one, to keep it simple. I've made copies of the workbooks and put them together and am planning to lead it myself with an outline of the audio. Of course, will have the audio as my backup!!!! I'll keep you all updated. Would appreciate any suggestions! :P :P 'Define 09' is my Mantra!~
Marilyn Wilson Success Team Leader Ponte Vedra Beach/Jacksonville/Florida mawilson1@comcast.net successteamjax@yahoo.com 904-334-5290
MarilynWilson
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Re: First Pilot Success Team - Ponte Vedra, Florida

Postby pattyn » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:47 pm

You should have completed the first two meetings, usually very exciting ones, by now, Marilyn. How did they go? Were you surprised by the wishes and dreams that emerged from the exercises? I always am. Next, you get to help them plot out the steps that will, one little step at a time, make those wishes and dreams into reality. That's a magical step. May your team take each other to incredible new heights.
- Patty Newbold
Director, Sher Success Teams
Marriage Education Author/Speaker - assumelove.com - enjoybeingmarried.com
pattyn
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby MarilynWilson » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:29 am

Patty,thank you for following up. Yes, it is grand! Now, we are fearfully stepping into the flow chart week. It seems like a lot of reading and then designing the flow chart. I'm concerned about how much they will really commit after they see how much work/reading for the homework. Also, the meetings don't seem long enough for those that need to process longer and think it through. I have stayed right on schedule, but am wondering if I should be looser. Any suggestions.
Marilyn Wilson Success Team Leader Ponte Vedra Beach/Jacksonville/Florida mawilson1@comcast.net successteamjax@yahoo.com 904-334-5290
MarilynWilson
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby pattyn » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:39 am

Stay right on schedule. The third meeting will be the toughest for doing that, but it's important to their morale and their commitment to themselves. They get another chance after this meeting to invest more time (with much less reading) into their flow charts. Make it clear they MUST create one, and they must get to the point where there is at least one step on the left side of it they can do right now without any further preparation. I have relearned the importance of the flowchart this week. I got off track with mine for a very big project. Instead of changing the dates, moving a few tasks around, and reaching out for shortcuts on some of them, I started just "doing what I can when I can." The predictable result? The goal started looking less and less achievable, so I put in less and less time on it. Guess how possible it looks when you're making no progress at all? Today is my flow chart rewrite day, and I have just marked off an hour a day on my calendar for proceeding with the project.
- Patty Newbold
Director, Sher Success Teams
Marriage Education Author/Speaker - assumelove.com - enjoybeingmarried.com
pattyn
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Return to Success Stories from Registered Success Team Leaders