Who are the writers here?

Moderator: Tituba

Re: Who are the writers here?

Postby kashtanka » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:44 pm

SouthernArtist, thank you for sharing about your writing and a little about your background. I've tried other things besides writing for children and I've always come back to it, as I imagine would be the case for you if you tried writing something other than scripts. Good luck on finishing your script!
kashtanka
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:20 pm

November is National Novel Writing Month, aka NaNoWriMo, which I am not doing. It's also National Blog Posting Month, which I am doing! Is anyone else on a writing spree?
SquarePeg
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:45 pm

Hi, Square Peg,
I'm participating in NaNoWriMo, but so far I'm pretty far behind. Hopefully, I'll catch up in the next few days.

I'm sending you good motivation vibes for your blog. Give Shadow a pet for me.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:00 pm

Hi, Square Peg,

I posted a comment on your blog. Molly's writing her memoirs and wants to include a story about how she and Shadow played in the World Series. Do you mind?
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:44 pm

That sounds great, Molly, er, I mean Elaine. Let me know if you'd like a picture of Shadow. And when it's ready, I won't mind drawing my readers* attention to it.

* All 8 of my readers. :lol:
SquarePeg
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:13 pm

Thanks, Square Peg,

I'd love a picture of Shadow to include in the book. I guess a p.m. is the easiest way to get the picture to me.

They're playing for the Boston Red Sox in the World Series. I wish Game 6 had been a little closer. I envision Shadow making a gravity-defying catch to save the game.
I'm about half way through the baseball story of the book. Most of the rest comes from my old blog posts, so I'm almost finished with the book.

I'm using photos of Molly, and pics that I get off of clip art, so lots of pictures.

Happy NaNoBlogO
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:49 am

NaBloPoMo is over. Here's my summary post:
http://square--peg.blogspot.com/2013/12 ... ap-up.html
SquarePeg
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:25 pm

Yeah, Square Peg!!

I got 16000 words written in November, so didn't make the 50,000 but still that's a lot for me. I got some editing done in November, so, even though the numbers weren't that impressive, I'm happy.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby GypsyGrrlGuitar » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:39 pm

I'm a writer of poetry, short stories, two blogs (though I've been concentrating on only one lately), a memoir, two screenplays and reviews of rock bands. (I'm also a musician.) My big challenge though is making money. I'd gotten a lot of my band reviews published in the past and people like my writing but it seems that to get paid to write involves having been born into the aristocracy... Am I wrong? Someone tell me I'm wrong. Anyway, that's been my biggest challenge. Making money is important because it takes a lot of time to write, play music and make videos (that's what I do) and I don't have time to do those things when I'm working at a "day job." And actually in this economy the "day job" thing hasn't been working for me either... (And I've been writing a lot about that too...)

:)
...the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing..." ____--Jack Kerouac--____
GypsyGrrlGuitar
New Poster
New Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:41 am

GypsyGrrlGuitar wrote:I'm a writer of poetry, short stories, two blogs (though I've been concentrating on only one lately), a memoir, two screenplays and reviews of rock bands. (I'm also a musician.) My big challenge though is making money. I'd gotten a lot of my band reviews published in the past and people like my writing but it seems that to get paid to write involves having been born into the aristocracy... Am I wrong? Someone tell me I'm wrong. Anyway, that's been my biggest challenge. Making money is important because it takes a lot of time to write, play music and make videos (that's what I do) and I don't have time to do those things when I'm working at a "day job." And actually in this economy the "day job" thing hasn't been working for me either... (And I've been writing a lot about that too...)

:)

I'm sure that being born Dutchess Gypsy of GrrlGuitar would help. It's hard to make money at writing. People who I think are really good writers can't seem to get a break. And I just finished reading a professionally published book that was mediocre. Public Relations AKA advertising, is the key, I think. Learn all you can about the mechanics of getting published.

I'm in the same vat of pickles. People who don't know me liked my book. (A friend said that if he weren't a gay man, he'd give me a tumble just because I'd written it.) Meanwhile.....

My advice is don't give up your day job, but don't give up on writing either.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby AndieAlick12 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:45 am

Hi to all, I am newbie here and would like to share my experiences here. I have recently joined the online course to know more about website content writing, copy writing and blogs writing. Think to start my own website development, copy writing and designing business. So that's why a unique writing opportunity is required, if I want to launch a successful web-writing business in my city. I love to write from childhood but never thing today it has become an easy way to earn money online. Some of the peoples are start writing from homes and earn between 5-6 figures in a month. I am not a professional writer but want to write for my own website so that I can also earn something for my family in extra time. As everyone know no job anywhere is secure these days if you write well then there is no need to face any kind of economic problem. I hope you understand my feelings behind this and like to inspire others for writing.
if you love to learn writing techniques to make future in writing then check details here: http://www.awaionline.com/
AndieAlick12
New User
New User

Postby Elaine Glimme » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:57 pm

Molly, my delusional dog, has been posting on my blog again. http://www.temporaryaddress-jody.blogspot.com She's posting one page per day about her baseball career.

" Right off the bat, (that’s a joke- get it????) we ran into a problem. It seems that there are rules in baseball about spitballs. And Shadow, I’m sorry to say, throws nothing but spitballs."

Does anyone know the name of a good canine psychologist?
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:06 pm

Call me Molly.
I'm not delusional; Barbara Sher says that what I love is what I'm gifted at, and that applies to dogs as well as to humans. I've posted the next installment of my story about my baseball career:

"A gloomy mist settled around us as we got off the plane in Boston, just two crazy kids with a slobbery ball, a dream, and hearts as big as Massachusettes. The Red Sox were our last hope. 2012 had not been their year, and we felt sure we could help them improve their game if they’d just give us a chance. But were they willing to trust us? To pin their hopes on a dog who could hold two balls in his mouth at the same time, and a high-achieving Border Collie batting .327? With everything riding on this final chance, we hailed a taxi. "Fenway Park," barked Shadow."

Go to my human's website to read the rest.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:51 pm

"My First Time at Bat
An ominous chilling San Francisco afternoon with fog rolling in from the Pacific, it was the bottom of the ninth with two outs and the score four to two in favor of the San Francisco Giants. "
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:00 am

Molly's at the bat. Will she strike out like the mighty Casey? Tune in to find out. (Actually you won't find out until tomorrow.)
http://www.temporaryaddress-jody.blogspot.com
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Becoming Writers and Speakers