Who are the writers here?

Moderator: Tituba

Re: Who are the writers here?

Postby Elaine Glimme » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:55 am

Square Peg, did you learn a lot fro NaBloPoMo? I'm trying to learn to be a better blogger.

Writers, do any of you feel like sharing bits of your work? I like people to read my work, and I'd like to read yours. I guess we'd have to be careful about writing being stolen. I don't worry much about that but I probably should. Any thoughts?
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:10 pm

I learned that I can accomplish a lot more when I don't right away check my e-mail, FB and my favorite message boards (such as this one) as soon as I start using the computer.

By having the "post every day" goal in front of me, I'm more focused and full of purpose. And I pay more attention to the internal "narrator" dialog in my head, which gives me ideas and content for new posts. But for some reason it was never hard for me to come up with something to write about. I don't recall *ever* getting "writer's block," except for school history assignments.

But the NaBloPoMo does have a nice blogger community, and provides a lot of ideas for new posts.

To be a better blogger, just do it! Keep writing and occasionally read some of your older posts.

Stolen work.... I've not thought about it. Until now. :jawdrop:
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:12 pm

Um, Elaine, do you have a blog? If it's supposed to be anonymous and you don't want to share the link, that's okay, I understand.
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:30 pm

Yes I have a blog. temporaryaddress-jody dot blogspot dot com
And I'm happy to have people visit it.

What's your blog (if it's okay to share)?
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby sbkris » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:56 am

Hi Elaine,
I like your idea of collaborating. Also, did you still need a press release?
Happy to help. Kris
sbkris
New Poster
New Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:22 pm

Hah ha, thanks for asking for the link to my blog! I have a link to it on my profile here, and it shows up in two places on each of my posts:
1. At the bottom in my signature.
2. The Earth icon next to the PM icon.

You can also click here: http://square--peg.blogspot.com/
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:30 pm

Gosh, I just caught my dog fooling around on the computer while I was in the kitchen fixing a cup of tea. I hope he didn't mess anything up on me! ;)
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:21 pm

Hi, all,

Yes, Shadow posted on my blog. Molly says he's a noble and intelligent animal, and she's glad you're spending time outside with him.

Kris, yes, I need help with a press release. Many people have suggested that I do one, but don't I have to have to do something newsworthy, like jump out of a plane with my hair on fire?

As for sharing work, I like for other people to read what I write. My idea is to write a little bit - about a paragraph or so - of a piece I'm writing on this thread, and then add a link to my blog so that anyone who wants to can read the rest.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:28 am

Take My Hand

Take my hand,
Walk with me,
Touch my cheek,
Talk to me,
Sing your song,
I'll sing mine, and
We'll see God.

Hope you like it. :D See my blog for verses 2 and 3. I think I prefer the poem with just the first verse.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:09 pm

Neighborhood Watch – The Musical

Fence War Escalates As Stucco And Juniper Branches Fly.

Who says "Good fences make good neighbors?” Harken back to the spite fence of 1876. Charles Crocker (of the San Francisco Crockers), incensed that his neighbor Mr. Yung would not sell his property to Mr. Crocker, built a twenty-foot high fence completely surrounding the Yung property. The Yung property was the only property on the city block that Charles Crocker did not own.
Fast-forward to the twenty-first century when Mrs. Mildred Galworthy returned home from a shopping excursion - a dozen eggs, a chub of liverwurst, a roll of duct tape, and a ten-lb. sack of ostrich feed (don’t ask – you don’t want to know) –to find three heavily bearded muscular “gentlemen” hard at work tearing down the trees and shrubs which formed a hedge between her property and that of her neighbor.

See my blog for the rest of the story
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity1 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:52 am

Hi I just read your post at the top of the page about people stealing work, even though I have 'non derivative copyright' on my stories online I just got told by a film maker that he took one of mine and made a digital animation, non profit.

It was very interesting to see what he'd done, I really liked it, and it says it is based on my story and there is a link, but it has made me think about whatever else could have happened with my work without my knowledge. I added a clause now to say that anyone wanting to use it should ask permission first.
Unity1
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:54 am

Unity, asking permission sounds like common courtesey as well as obeying copyright law. I can't believe someone copied your work without asking first.

I always figured that I wanted my work read, and didn't mind if someone copied it. And I never thought it would happen. But, yes, I'd want to be asked, and I'd want to receive credit for my work.

Thanks for sharing your experience.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:22 pm

Sorry,

I was entering Molly's experiences on jury duty as a way of sharing my work, and I hoped othere writers would do the same. I didn't realize this was spam. Again, sorry for the posts.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:39 pm

Did someone complain about the thread that Molly started? That's not nice. Well, I suppose she shouldn't be posting under your account -- she needs her own! ;)
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Scenario Thinker » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:45 pm

Your "temporary address" blog link is going to a spam survey and contest for iPads, etc.

You spelled bogspot instead of blogspot, see your Molly post.
S.Thinker
....o
^/v
/>
Scenario Thinker
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Becoming Writers and Speakers