First Time Authors

Moderator: Tituba

Re: First Time Authors

Postby Gladys » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:27 am

Hey
How do you get to finish a book without thinking of another idea and another and another. I have three ideas running on side to side hoping to become a book some day. How do you get to write your book Barbara Sher i could do with some tricks. I feel i have alot to give and writing is one of the best way for me to download. I multi task in all I do and it would be a good idea if I can write three books in a row. :D .
Gladys
New Poster
New Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:53 am

I'm not Barbara Sher, but I think you should just go for it and write all three. The biggest thing that writers face, that includes the great ones, is writers' block - where you sit and don't do anything because you don't know what to do. And the remedy is to do something, anything.

So I think you should just do whatever you want to do and don't worry about what you should or shouldn't be doing. Write what you feel like writing at the moment. Follow the muse. If you get stuck on one novel, go to the next. Eventually you'll get to a point where you're ready finish one of your novels, and then you'll do that.

And I hope you post how you're doing here. (but no pressure.) I like the company.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:31 am

Maybe you'll be the one to start a new genre of book: The Book of More Than One Idea.
SquarePeg
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:34 am

Ok, so my other answer is to use the Scanner Daybook. You start to write your book with Idea One. As other ideas pop into your head, you record them into the Daybook and then return to Idea One. Sometimes, recording an idea is all you need to do to satisfy the itch to pursue that idea.
SquarePeg
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Previous

Return to Becoming Writers and Speakers