First Time Authors

Moderator: Tituba

Re: First Time Authors

Postby SquarePeg » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:46 pm

Thank you! I replied, not knowing that Molly was posting from "Beyond the Rainbow Bridge." I just seem to relate very well to my feline and canine fans!
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:35 am

I'm still getting the hang of blogging. I've been out of it for a while. Apparently, I have to replace Molly with myself on my blog in order to comment as Elaine. It does seem a little creepy though.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:54 pm

If you want to comment on my blog, you can type in any name you choose. But to post on Blogger, you do need to be logged in. Blogger allows the owner to designate multiple authors, so Molly could add Elaine as a co-author. :)

I have multiple blogs on blogger, and they're both linked to my main Gmail account. However, a couple of years ago I created a Square Peg account and added Square as an author to the blog.
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:26 am

I like camp nanowrimo better than November's nanowrime because you get assigned to a cabin (if you want to) and you can chat with about 20 cabin mates. Usually about four or five of them will chat.

Did you find the pep talks? The one Ann Lammott wrote (Sorry about the spelling, Ann - Anne?) was quite good I thought.

Okay, happy writing.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:21 pm

Oh, I never did sign up for that.
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:56 am

So are you blogging this month or are you working on your cookbook? And do you want me to comment on your blog? I assumed that you do, but assumptions can be wrong. If I ever get going on mine, I want comments, but right now that's just big talk.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:50 pm

Just blogging this time. The "novel" was really supposed to be sort of a wise guy's guide to healthy eating.

You've already commented, and for that I thank you!
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:31 am

I like the idea of a wise guy's cookbook. Do you think you'll ever do it for real? Do you ever throw any "wise guy comments" in with your weigh-in on your blog? I've read your blog, of course, but not every entry.

For me - there are the daydreams that could really happen. Like writing. And there are the daydreams that are really fun to think about but would be an absolute nightmare if they ever came true. Like, I dream about winning an iron chef challenge. Lot of fun as a daydream, but if it ever really happened I'd hate it. I'm wondering which type the cookbook is. It's certainly something that could happen. If it did, would it be fun to do? (Mostly fun, because writing has some less than perfect moments.) or would you hate it?
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:00 pm

I think I could write the cookbook / diet book (given ample time and a few earnest supporters), so it's in that first category of daydream. But the daydream of getting it published would be the other kind. :)

If I include any wiseguy diet / cooking tips, I'll let you know. My NaBloPoMo pace is lagging. I cheated today (Saturday) and posted something back-dated to Tuesday. Now I have to write for Thursday, Friday, Saturday and tomorrow. Ugh.
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:01 am

Square Peg - Me too. This is not my most productive Nanowrimo month. But I'm getting some editing done, and that's a good thing. I love winning, but I think Nano is a good thing even on the months that I don't win. I still get a lot more accomplished than if I didn't have Nano.

I'll visit your blog sporadically. (I'm assuming you want me to.) As I posted in Success Stories, I have less time than I used to.

Happy blogging.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:54 pm

I do appreciate all visits and topical comments on my blog very much. But now that I've totally lost momentum, I'd rather that you focus more on your writing than anything else.

One tidbit is that I found it very annoying to comment on my own blog. Even though I'm logged in, I find that reCAPTCHA (the extra steps that are necessary to prevent bot comments) to be very time consuming. And, I can't figure out how to turn that off!
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:57 pm

Okay, I'll just work on editing my novel. I also think Kapcha is annoying. I can't always read their letters. Usually the stuff meant to block robots block me.

I've been away from the computer for a while now, so it's hard to get back to it. Okay, here goes. I'm getting the ice, putting my leg up, and we'll see how far this gets.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Previous

Return to Becoming Writers and Speakers