Barbara Sher Retirement

Moderator: Tituba

Barbara Sher Retirement

Postby Tituba » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:16 pm

Barbara Sher's Newsletter
Sunday, October 19, 2014
Hi All

I've decided to retire.

I mean, not actually retire but to stop running face-to-face week-long things like my retreats and face-to-face 10-month-long things, like my coaching course in Frankfurt, Germany. (My dear U.S. and Australian friends, this also means I don't intend to do any in your part of the world, either.)

I'll still write, and I'll stay active in Hanging Out comments - I can't help myself. (Don't forget, that starts again on November 17th and then you have to wait for many months before you can join again!) And I intend to do some rather cool conference calls. If you're on my mailing list, I'll tell you when.

But except for an occasional invited lecture or two-day workshop, the upcoming coach training in Frankfurt (the one that starts November 15 and lasts 10 months) will be the last time I work face-to-face with you, my fellow humans.

I've loved it, every minute. It's been powerful stuff for many of you and for me, too. But it's time to move on to my next project. Life is not forever.

I tell you this in case you're one of the people who really, really wants to work with me 'someday.' I just think you should know that your last 'someday' starts on November 15, 2014 and ends September 13, 2015. Ill meet you in Frankfurt five times and work with you long distance anywhere in the world in between. And if you must miss one of our two-day weekends, I'll help you catch up.

Of course, I intend to make it my best coach training ever. In fact, I'm rubbing my hands together as I plan what we'll be doing in this coming year. If you're a natural coach and my work matters to you, you're going to have an exceptionally fine learning experience. And you'll go on to do a lot of good in this world.

Just think of how your life might have been different if an intelligent, naturally talented coach had shown up at some crucial times in your life and said, with respect and genuine concern, "Can I help?"

Okay, that's all I'll say today. You do what you have to do.

Upward and Onward!

With warmest regards,
Barbara Sher
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: Barbara Sher Retirement

Postby Elaine Glimme » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:34 am

Congratulations, to Barbara on retiring.

:D

I'm glad you'll still be hanging out with us on the web.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Return to Becoming Writers and Speakers