AUGUST GRATITUDE 2017

Are you up to the challenge?

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Forum rules
Please start the monthly challenge threads here. All other off-topic threads will be removed.

AUGUST GRATITUDE 2017

Postby inspiresuccess » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:49 pm

Gosh, Elaine, you had to post in June Gratitude when it's already August!

I'm grateful for possibly, hopefully, kinda, sorta, maybe feeling better -- sometimes. "To be continued..." as someone on the steppers thread used to say. Who was that, Elaine? Someone who hasn't posted in a long time. I'll be back soon (I hope).
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: AUGUST GRATITUDE 2017

Postby Elaine Glimme » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:33 pm

So glad you're maybe sorta kinda feeling better.

Looks like I'm a good candidate for a new hip :D
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:44 pm

Elaine Glimme wrote:Looks like I'm a good candidate for a new hip :D

As in hip replacement? Is that a good thing? Will it relieve pain? How long does it take to recover from that type of surgery?
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:38 pm

Yes, it's a good thing. They have a new way to do it which means a lot less pain, and lot shorter recovery time. Lasts about twenty years, which is probably longer than I will last. Should take care of most or all of my pain. Right now I'm excited. When it gets closer to the time for my surgery, I will probably freak out. And it probably will hurt more than I expect it to. So yes it's a good thing. And I tend to be a pessimist.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:25 pm

Elaine Glimme wrote:Yes, it's a good thing. They have a new way to do it which means a lot less pain, and lot shorter recovery time. Lasts about twenty years, which is probably longer than I will last. Should take care of most or all of my pain. Right now I'm excited. When it gets closer to the time for my surgery, I will probably freak out. And it probably will hurt more than I expect it to. So yes it's a good thing. And I tend to be a pessimist.

I'm glad to hear that this is available to you. Do you have a date for the surgery? I'd like to be tuned in at that time so I can pray and send healing vibes.

I will also call a number I've called for years 1-800-669-7729. They pray with you over the phone, which I find very soothing, and then they pray for you for an additional 30 days. You don't have to be connected with their church or beliefs. I call them, from time to time, for my own problems and I call them to pray for others in my life.

And, yes, surgery is scary, pain and recovery time are scary, whether something will work or not is scary. Sometimes, positive thinking people label us "pessimists" when in reality, we're just being "realists"!

The thing is, if you were a total pessimist, you wouldn't be willing to try the surgery in the first place. I think realists are just aware of both sides of life - the good, the bad, the positive, the negative, possible good outcomes, possible bad outcomes. it's called ying/yang -- an awareness of all possible outcomes. I think that's a good thing.
Last edited by inspiresuccess on Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:28 pm

Thanks Inspire, I love prayers. So something else to be grateful for - you.

My consultation with the surgeon is Aug. 29th. After that they'll schedule the surgery. The orthopedist said about two weeks, but I'm guessing that's optimistic. Still It sounds like I'll be done in about than two months.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:34 pm

I will also be praying for you.
SquarePeg
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:28 am

Thanks, Square Peg, another person to be grateful for.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Return to Monthly Challenges