February 2008 Weight Loss/Fitness Challenge Thread

Are you up to the challenge?

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Forum rules
Please start the monthly challenge threads here. All other off-topic threads will be removed.

Re: February 2008 Weight Loss/Fitness Challenge Thread

Postby Scannerqueen » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:00 pm

Ha! I did cook something sensible for dinner :) A german dish involving green cabbage and noodles. Will try not to snack anything more tonight.
Scannerqueen
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby kashtanka » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:17 pm

Sophia and Alyssa were born this morning. Yahoo! lunch: chicken salad and diet soda 2 Vitamin Waters Oops, I forgot! When my husband got home at 2 this morning, he brought a MacDonald's meal because he knew we would be up all night and needed something to eat. I haven't been as successfull as I had hoped about staying away from fatty meats!
kashtanka
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Tituba » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:27 pm

kash - happy grandparent day! Tuesday, Feb. 19 Breakfast cereal slice banana bread Lunch grilled cheese sandwich high fiber bread Dinner turkey tips baked beans snack slice banana bread
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:42 am

Kashtanka - those are lovely names. Congratulations on being a grandma. Scanner queen - hi, that seems like a sensible choice for your meal Last night - after posting yesterday I felt ultra peckish so was in the kitchen a few times. However I did the extra excercises that I used to do in January on top of my usual things. Today -3 small cakes, cheese sandwich, mixed veg, pasta, mushroom sauce, melted cheese, dill walk, planning to do lots excs later
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:50 am

I don't know about you, but sometimes it's hard to throw food away that you have - but don't particularly want to eat. Like this week I'm eating a lot of cheese and normally don't unless it's cooked. It was left over from when others were in the house. I just opened my email and found this from a relative - unusual things to do with food - very unusual I might add, but very inventive. EDIT - just realised i'd posted my email which didn't want to. However, there were all these images that looked like sunsets with boats, houses, shops, underwater but it was all made from food. And looked very realistic too.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Scannerqueen » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:44 pm

Congratulations kashtanka! I hope your grandchildren are not too far away so that you can visit them often. :) Granola with skimmed milk, yogurt and café latte for breakfast, leftovers from last night's dinner for lunch, low-fat chocolate chip pudding for a snack, and sandwiches with cheese for dinner so far. I plan to eat an apple and hopefully nothing else tonight. This was the first day that I felt a bit better. I hope to be able to go to the gym tomorrow. Two weeks without exercise! There goes my ambitious weight loss goal for February.... I hope I'll be able to lose at least a tiny little bit of weight until the end of the month. :roll:
Scannerqueen
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby mango » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:32 pm

Yesterday: B'fast: protein shake Snack: protein shake Lunch: roast chicken and Swiss cheese on honey oat bagel, applesauce, orange Snack: protein shake Dinner: peanut butter and banana on honey oat bagel, yogurt Exercise: 30 minute walk Today: B'fast: protein shake Snack: protein shake Lunch: cauliflower and black bean stew, yogurt, applesauce Snack: protein shake Dinner: roast chicken and Swiss cheese on honey oat bagel, yogurt, banana Snack: Raisin Bran w/ skim milk Snack: 5 Triscuit crackers and 5 small pieces Havarti Exercise: 30 minute walk
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:40 pm

Hi everyone, mango - I couldn't imagine eating cauliflower and black beans together - is it nice? slimfast bar cup a soup, alfalfa sprouts, raw spinach, red pepper, tomato and small piece swiss cheese sandwiches on small bread banana bar, tiny apple rice cakes spicy beanburger, few oven chips, watercress, raw spinach cooked apple and plum, oats, dry fruit and nuts slim fast bar walk excs starting yesterday added 2 extra lots of excercises in addition to my p/stretcher so will be doing them from now on hopefully
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Scannerqueen » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:02 pm

Granola and café latte for breakfast, more of the same for lunch, chocolate chip pudding for a snack, and potatoes with zucchini and tomatoes for dinner. Plus another chocolate pudding, an apple and two pieces of chocolate. Still didn't feel good enough to go to the gym. :roll:
Scannerqueen
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Unity » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:53 pm

SQ - hope you feel better soon, how's your baby? I just done a load of excercises - p stretcher, those stair running/press ups/running on the spot. Then jumping around to THE HITS on mtv - very enjoyable. Might do a bit more of that. Wish I'd thought of that sooner. I did used to do it to my jukebox some while back but got out of the habit. I've also remembered that somewhere in the summerhouse outside there's a mini trampoline. But I never really got on with that. My son used it but his head just missed the ceiling :D
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby kashtanka » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:57 am

I want to dance in the streets! No, it's not because I've just lost more weight, but something even better! Because of a switch in my husband's job responsibilities, he won't be coming home for dinner at night. Wow wow wow! That means I don't have to cook (or eat) traditional dinners anymore. I can have a yogurt and bagel if I want, or cottage cheese and fruit, etc. I will loose weight fast if I can eat what my body needs instead of what is considered to be a "normal" dinner. Also, I won't have to rush home to make dinner, and I can get a lot more accomplished in a day. Yippee. Urs, Mango, and Scannerqueen, you all sound like you have this type of arrangment already....not having to cook traditional meals. Am I right? SC, about the babies, they will be living about 25 minutes away from us! I'm so happy about that.
kashtanka
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:35 am

Hi Kashtanka, it is easier to be able to eat as you want. I always used to cook whenever the family were home but when my oldest son goes off to study and live away then I have salads for dinner as it was always very difficult fitting in cooking with looking after my other son (disabled) so it was a blessed relief not to have to do it for a while. He has moved out recently so now I'm back to cooking as I have time to do it. But usually just once a day. The other one is returning soon so it will be 2 or more cooked meals a day plus baking cakes.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:37 am

Well, I've been wanting to find ways to improve activity and boy have I found it. Did about 2 hrs of excercising to music last night. This morning the first thing before breakfast, excercises to music again. Been doing it on and off throughout the day. So I hope that this Monday there will be some good news on the scales.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:56 am

Br - slimfast shake Lunch - cup a soup, small bread sandwiches with cream cheese, watercress, spinach, red pepper, tomato Tea - cod in parsley sauce, potatoes mixed veg/oats stewed red fruit nuts snacks - tiny apple rice cakes (these are yummy, made from brown rice, all organic and no sugar - they are actually for babies) and small carrots (thanks for the inspiration Tituba) going to do my p/stretch and heavy excs later plus ex to music went for walk this afternoon didn't feel tired at all from the morning excs Hope you all have a good day
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:16 am

Saturday slimfast bar ham sandwiches couscous, watercress, spinach, cooked with cup a soup contents, chicken - I didn't know how that was going to turn out but it was really good Last night I did do lots of excs as I hoped - 2 plain biscuits as snack today -loads of exs to music p/stretcher very long walk - feet hurting today will probably miss out the pressups and stair running today Hi everyone!
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Monthly Challenges