February 2008 Weight Loss/Fitness Challenge Thread

Are you up to the challenge?

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Forum rules
Please start the monthly challenge threads here. All other off-topic threads will be removed.

Re: February 2008 Weight Loss/Fitness Challenge Thread

Postby Tituba » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:40 pm

Saturday, Feb. 23 Breakfast high fiber cereal Lunch chicken strips mac & cheese Snack Fiber one protein bar Dinner
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby kashtanka » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:46 pm

Today's food, not eaten at any particular times 2 bannanas, omellete with swiss cheese and mushrooms, a few bites of hash browns, and an english muffin will probably eat a few snacks before I go to bed, like a plate of fruit and cottage cheese
kashtanka
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:49 pm

Sunday - short walk, ex to music this morning, will do the rest - p/stretcher and more to music when I post this. Br combined with lunch - cereal snack bag, slimfast drink, banana, peanut butter one slice bread Tea - salad, omelette, strawberries, hot cross bun, 2 very small cakes, 2 squirts canned cream Not sure what the scales will show tomorrow but my stomach is much flatter. Hi everyone.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Scannerqueen » Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:16 pm

I still have to report Saturday (Granola and café latte for breakfast, yogurt and banana for a snack, a sandwich for lunch, and in the evening we went out to a steakhouse :oops: and afterwards had an icecream. :roll: What's even worse, I couldn't resist some chocolate that my husband carelessly left lying around. :shock: Today I had bread and jelly for breakfast, chocolate pudding for a snack, yogurt and banana for lunch, as it was a beautiful and very warm day i went to an ice cream store and had a sundae, and home-made pizza for dinner. Plus a banana and several café lattes throughout the day. The last couple of days have I have been too lenient with myself concerning food. :| On the bright side, I finally felt better today and restarted training with my marathon buddy, we did 90 minutes of slow jogging. My baby is better, too, so I will be able to put her in daycare again and go to the gym. :) About time, too, I am really starting to lag behind my training schedule.
Scannerqueen
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Unity » Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:54 pm

Hello SQ, glad you are better. I just read something that I thought interesting - how putting black around your kitchen can stop you from eating when you're not hungry. I think there may be something in that because I feel very uneasy using some cups I have that are black and dark blue so avoid them as much as possible. I'm going to buy some black paper. Anyone else fancy trying it? http://www.articlesbase.com/feng-shui-a ... 99731.html
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:08 am

Hi everyone, I forgot to buy the black paper today. Weigh in - mystery that's all I can say. All the excercising and my stomach has gone flat. So where has that flab gone I wonder - as I weigh the same. And not only that but my tape measurements are the same. Muscle?? Crumpets 1 plain, 2 with jam pitta bread with salad and ham baby carrots, potato, tomato, chicken and leerdammer cheese as a thick soup. snacks - bought more aimed at babies as really low in fat and sugar and calories - savoury veg sticks, sweetcorn rings and apple rice cakes - had a small plate of mixture
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Scannerqueen » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:14 pm

Big bowl of cereal with skimmed milk and yogurt for breakfast, several slices of pumpernickel bread and cheese for lunch, and ready-made spinach pizza for dinner so far. Plus a banana and the usual amount of café latte. One candy bar. :oops: 80 minutes of slow to medium pace running today. I have signed up today for a weight loss program that is officially being promoted and supported here in my town. A couple of coworkers of mine have taken part last year and have lost a significant amount of weight and kept it off too. :shock: I would have taken part last year too but I was pregnant. So I decided today to take part in this year's campaign. It is actually quite inexpensive, you pay only a small fee for the official weighings and the body-fat measurements. I will have an introductory seminar on Wednesday, but as far as I have understood from the information booklets and the cookbook, some of the basic principles are that after two "initial boosting" days you are supposed to eat three meals a day period. No snacks, no fruit, no juice, only water or unsweetened herbal tea in between. Now that is gonna be ultra-tough :( Wonder if I can really pull this off. Of course, there is also an exercise part to the program, but fortunately I exercise anyway. Unity, I am sure you have build up muscle from the exercises. The idea with the black paper is interesting, tell us if it works. ( I am trying to imagine a black tablecloth. Boy would that look depressing.) I forgot to answer kashtanka: most of the times I don't have to cook a traditional dinner, since my husband often eats at work and is content with sandwiches or something similar. My baby still eats baby food. However, without a sensible meal I tend to snack even more (and all the wrong things). And quite often I won't take the trouble to prepare something sensible just for myself. :roll:
Scannerqueen
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Unity » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:01 am

Hi SQ - that programme where you live sounds like a good idea. Black Tablecloth - you are right - very off putting. Today - slimfast drink sandwiches - ham dill raw spinach watercress, vegetable savoury snacks walk Yesterday I felt in a funk because of the scales and didn't do as much ex as normal. I hope it was muscles as you said SQ
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:31 am

Hi everyone, Monday's weigh in has left me in a funk Last night - p/stretcher and some music/excs and stair running etc but not really interested evening food - slimfast bar, crumpets - can't remember if anything later --------------------------------------------------- today slimfast bar ham sandwiches with alfalfa and red pepper slice peanut butter, slice cream cheese (all bread today has been very small) red cabbage and apple with 2 spicy bean burgers no walk today but plan to do some excercises although not in the mood
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:57 pm

bare minimum of exs Really wanted to snack but nothing proper to get hold of so had just some ham slices with pickle on it's own. Later 1 small slice bread and jam. Spoonfuls of soft cheese - then decided to throw it into the bin to save having more, spoonfuls peanut butter, baby rice cakes.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Tituba » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:42 pm

Wednesday, Feb. 27 Breakfast cereal Lunch chicken strips 8 french fries Dinner 3 slices cheese pizza
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:02 am

Hi everyone 2 small slices bread and jam handful of tiny water crackers
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:06 pm

lunch - moroccan cous cous, watercress and spinach, tomato, bread tea - swede, onion, carrots, leek, left over cousc. raw spinach. Low fat cheese and meatballs cooked with the veg walk - will do excs later
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:40 pm

Just remembered in the cafe - slice of bread pudding cake just now - dinner leftovers plus extra meatballs p/stretcher no other excs
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:37 pm

End of the month. No weightloss. Br/lunch - meatball and salad sandwiches corned beef on 1 slice bread and pickle, cup a soup bowl of cereal walk hopefully excs later
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Monthly Challenges