February 2008 Weight Loss/Fitness Challenge Thread

Are you up to the challenge?

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Forum rules
Please start the monthly challenge threads here. All other off-topic threads will be removed.

Re: February 2008 Weight Loss/Fitness Challenge Thread

Postby Scannerqueen » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:43 pm

Sorry for not having posted the last two days. I was quite busy - and I am really very excited, looks like we finally get a local success team going :D I hope this will help me to achieve some of my other goals. Today is the last day of February - weighing time again. My weight this morning: 74,3 kg. So of course I missed my goal for this month again, but considering that I couldn't exercise for more than two weeks I think I did reasonably well. :D I will start with that weight loss program that they are promoting here in my town tomorrow. There will be an official weighing once a month for four months. I think it could be helpful for me to post the results here once a week to keep track of my progress. Only three meals a day, no snacks - boy that is going to be ultra-tough. :shock:
Scannerqueen
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby kashtanka » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:02 pm

Haven't been feeling that well, and I eat mostly the same foods everyday, so I haven't posted in awhile. End of month: Can't face weighing myself but I know I have gained some. Since I haven't been cooking meals for myself and husband, I've been taking in a lot more calories by having things like bagels, toast, etc. as fillers.
kashtanka
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:34 pm

Hi SQ and Kashtanka Good luck with the success team and the weightloss programme. I won't be weighing myself until Monday but wasn't exactly smiling last Monday. Not losing for all these weeks has definitely made me feel a bit uninterested. Snack- 3 crumpets, 2 with jam
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby kashtanka » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:41 pm

SQ, that's fantastic news about the new Success Team! You'll find it really helpful. It's always exciting to see who shows up in the group! Unity, I know what you mean about loosing interest. I feel similar because whatever weight loss I have is gained back by one bad day of eating. It just gets a little boring after awhile.
kashtanka
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Tituba » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:54 am

Friday, Feb. 29 Exercise: 1 hour walking Breakfast egg mcmuffin Lunch turkey sandwich Dinner turkey tips steamed broccoli
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Tituba » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:54 am

Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Tituba » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:07 am

Journaling Challenge - write this sentence on top of a page of paper and see what answers you come up with: "I'm scared to lose weight because": Initially, you will get defensive and say "of course I'm not scared to lose weight." But, resistance is fear and I for one, have resistance to exercise. So, if I'm not exercising, eating sugar, then somewhere there is fear. Explore this question on your own. Especially if you found yourself doing things last month that were counter productive to healthy living.
Did anyone journal this question and explore their emotional eating?
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:09 am

I remember doing it on here before. Here are some additional answers. Boy did I learn something writing this. I only had a couple of answers to start with but once I started, out it flowed :shock: I'M SCARED TO LOSE WEIGHT 1. how I might act 2. it might not make any difference to how I feel 3. it will take a lot of very hard work (so lets stay on the couch :D) 4. I'll have to buy new clothes and choices may be overwhelming 5. staying stuck on the same weight (like this month) makes me lose interest and gets me angry 6. I don't like some of the thoughts I've been getting since I started on this weighloss programme in relation to one of my neighbours. Quite nasty. 7. Expectations from others. 8. Saddened by my attitude. If I was given a promise of a large monetary reward for losing X amount of weight I think it would be easy. But the reward of a healthy life has never moved me into action. A worthwhile excercise. Thanks for the suggestion Tituba. Did your reasons change throughout the month?
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Tituba » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:36 am

My reasons didn't change, but writing it out in my journal gave me clues to behavior. I'm going to keep track of calories in March and try very hard not to go over 1,300. It is important to keep any snacks to no more than 100 calories. I also finished Peter Walsh's book "Does This Clutter Make My Butt Look Big" I recommend it. Excellent book with alot of tough love. Things I needed to hear. One of the things Peter says is to not eat any fast food or take out. All meals, even snacks, are to be made at home. It is about planning. No different that planning the organization of your house. You leave the house with snacks that won't sabotage your new eating plan. I don't plan food well. Alot of times I'm on the road during the day and stop somewhere for lunch or skip it entirely. If I took the time before I left for the day, I could bring with me food that was good for my body
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Previous

Return to Monthly Challenges