February Clutter Challenge 2008

Are you up to the challenge?

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Forum rules
Please start the monthly challenge threads here. All other off-topic threads will be removed.

Re: February Clutter Challenge 2008

Postby Unity » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:26 am

Hi Cha, Has it always snowed so hard where you live? It's probably a good idea to make a deadline for your sorting. Perhaps I ought to do one as I keep putting it off. I got into it for a few weeks now can't face it.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:01 pm

After putting my tax returns off all week I was sure I couldnt face it because of all the clutter in my bedroom - so I just moved everything that was on the floor and into a different room, plus all my craft things out of drawers (found a total horror in one of them - a magnet type thing - like a small stick that expands which got hold of some large scissors that had been entwined in some gold crochet cotton - I couldn't untangle it and it was all falling all over the place and at one stage a second reel of cotton got unwound too. Well I shoved the whole of that lot into a plastic storgage box and will forget about it for a few weeks while I decide what to do with my room. Also took down the clothes carousel but couldn't put it in the box as it wouldn't collapse. But it's out the room, that's what matters. I'm trying not to think about that other room - I can barely get in now! The room looks really strange now. I wonder if I'll sleep any better - bad insomnia for months now.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:07 pm

Bedroom looks so tidy now. Been looking round the house. So much to sort.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:44 pm

Once again, lovely to go into my tidy room. This really means that I need to get rid of ALL MY CRAFTS BOOKS ETC that are currently hidden away in the other room. Did a pile of outstanding filing that was in my bedroom. The table top still has stuff on it, but it's only in one place not all over. I really need to do an outstanding form then I will clear it up.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby kashtanka » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:20 pm

Unity, getting rid of craft books? Oh my goodness, it's the end of the world! (teasing) I did much the same thing yesterday when I cleaned out some craft clutter. I tossed fabric that I knew I'd never use, planning to donate some to my sewing group for it's fabric sale. I gathered all my buttons and other such items and put them in ziplock bags. Also, I reorganized my yarn and fabric stashes, both of which seem to have no end. Still in my craft studio are small bags of things I've picked up for different friends but haven't seen them in so long that I feel like they're permanent fixtures.
kashtanka
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Previous

Return to Monthly Challenges