February Financial Challenge 2008

Are you up to the challenge?

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Forum rules
Please start the monthly challenge threads here. All other off-topic threads will be removed.

February Financial Challenge 2008

Postby mango » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:49 pm

Hi all, Want to join in for a financial challenge? You pick the goal(s), and report your progress here. My goals for this month: 1. Balance bank account. Been putting this off for months. :oops: 2. Pay bills and file in 2008 folder. 3. Decide what to do with 'extra' money. 4. Write letters re: credit reports. 5. Finish mortgage refinance.
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: February Financial Challenge 2008

Postby mango » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:29 pm

Today's steps: 1. Sorted bills into one big stack. 2. Got an unexpected $150 back from vision insurance company. 3. Talked husband out of buying a cabinet for his bathroom. 4. Dropped off subordination agreement at bank. 5. Sorted through receipts, saved those that are tax deductible.
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:15 pm

Got some financial stuff done today: 1. Balanced bank account :D (Where are the balloons and streamers that I so richly deserve?) 2. Paid all bills 3. Filed paid bills for Jan and Feb 4. Got checks ready to deposit
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:27 am

I might be done with lists in general, but this is mega important for this week. Get everything done for the move by Saturday - update and print latest information, send those photo copies (add covering letter and write on top copy same info) RVW will need new details/test last minute purchases ? coat, bag, printing ink/paper, check shoes, laundry bags a/c need to take any cash
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:26 am

Mega avoidance although done one thing so far- went in bank to set up appt.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:03 pm

I just realised that by setting up this appt I am hopefully going to sort something out that has only just come up. Yet it will also sort out an ongoing situation which i had been putting off for months. Brilliant.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:35 pm

Today's steps: 1. Sent husband off to pick up paperwork for mortgage. It won't be ready until next week! :evil: 2. E-mailed refi guy to make sure it wouldn't hold things up.
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:54 am

I had a backwards step. At bedtime decided to start some of my paperwork that needs to be sent asap this week. Bad move as I was so tired that didn't realise I was writing on the wrong pages :evil: Last minute purchases is also turning into a nightmare (as they do :D ) It's typical that everything that you need all decide to fall to pieces at the same time but you can't get what you need at short notice or else you get something then have to return them. I'm having that saga at the moment with the shoes which is really annoying as the weather is really bad and someone is having very wet feet :evil: .
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:35 am

sorted album. Thank goodness for this thread as I keep forgetting what I'm supposed to be doing this week, all of a dither about Saturday.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:45 am

Just done the dreaded paperwork, in envelope ready to post. Left to do this week - print info ? new ink shoes and other last minute purchases RW letter Wed - bank 2 cards for bus (not financial but this is my only list) phone about all last minute details?
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:21 pm

Was sorting out the stuff to print, written up more, pressed print and .....it only printed out the middle of 3 pages for some reason and afterwards started printing out rubbish - you know where it's all symbols and thick ink. So I'm having to write up the other pages by hand. Then I sealed the envelope and realised that I forgot something. :evil: One of those days. Thank goodness I've just looked down my list again. I keep forgetting things for tomorrow. It would help of course if I could keep of the computer this week.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby kashtanka » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:47 pm

Oops! I had forgotten about the financial challenge post. My goal for last month was to pay a large amount towards a credit card. My goal was $1500, and today I just paid $1800! I was very pleased. Urszula...where are you going? One of your posts said that you're moving, and I hadn't seen you mention that anywhere else. (Of course I've fallen very behind on keeping track of the board.) My goal for this month is to sit down with a financial planner and figure out which way to go. (I already have a financial planner but he isn't very knowledgable, and didn't do diddly except take my money.) The new planner is someone I was referred too. I spoke with him for about an hour the other day and he is a whiz!
kashtanka
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:13 am

Had a sleepless night over the financial stuff I posted yesterday. I had written a letter with it and just this morning realised that in trying to cover all bases I may have written something that could cause difficulties depending which way someone interpreted it. Well done Kashtanka on your extra payment.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:10 am

Had a good appt and bought a few needed things. The last letter on my list - hopefully I'll get the printer sorted this evening but it's too late to send it - so now will have to phone and you all know how much I like that :shock: Hopefully next week will be quiet and I won't have any lists.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:57 am

A very strange thing happened at my appt today I only just remembered. My details were brought up on a screen and had been there for years. When I sat down I was asked how to say my name. I told them. Of course I got all the 'that's unusual' comments. Well, everyone always said that so I didn't think anything of it. Correspondence always comes with just my initial. Later I was given a printed copy and saw my name as -urszuoa. No wonder they had trouble saying it!
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Next

Return to Monthly Challenges