February Financial Challenge 2008

Are you up to the challenge?

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Forum rules
Please start the monthly challenge threads here. All other off-topic threads will be removed.

Re: February Financial Challenge 2008

Postby Unity » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:01 am

How is everyone doing - are you managing your monthly goals?
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:44 pm

I had to laugh today. Since the postage prices have been changed, companies are doing their best to cut expenditure but sometimes this is a farce. Like that large bundle of papers I send last week (think book manuscript size) and today I get a letter which obviously crossed with my package asking me to send those things and inside was a pre-paid letter sized envelope! Now there is more to deal with re that letter. I don't understand why they have send me calculations to approve if they hadn't received my paperwork. Today - tried phoning re above. Person out to lunch. Now I decided not to bother at all. Wrote lots of letters by hand as out of computer ink. Posted. How are the rest of you getting on?
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Tituba » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:45 pm

See viewtopic.php?f=1&t=21156&p=203561#p203561 Free download of Suze Orman's book "Women & Money"
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:50 am

Thanks Tituba. I've had a two steps forward, two back week. Note to self - READ THOROUGHLY BEFORE YOU WRITE/RING IN REPLY TRYING TO THINK THROUGH EVERY IMAGINABLE SITUATION RE THE PERSON ON LEAVE HAS NOW ENDED UP WITH IMPORTANT INFO GETTING LOST IN THE POST :evil: FIND OUT OPENING TIMES OF ADVICE CENTRE Awaiting phone call re ATH next week ...........ditto.........re statements - if they turned up
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby kashtanka » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:09 am

The goal that I had this month, to talk to a financial planner, backfired when my husband didn't go along with the idea. It seemed like the planner wasn't interested in having me for a client unless my husband came aboard! (he didn't say this, but when I left a message on his voicemail saying that my husband said no to an appointment, he never called me back.) I have a decision to make...do I call the guy back and tell him that I'm still interested in my own account...or do I just invest more with my other planner (who isn't as knowledgeable).
kashtanka
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:24 am

Hi Kashtanka, is there a plan C e.g. another person who could do the job? I'm not sure how I'd feel dealing with someone who acted like that first one (assuming they didn't ring back because of the reason you thought) It sort of reminds me of the hassles I've had with the insurance people because for some reason unknown to me, whenever I set up an account for home insurance (and I've always done it) - my husbands name was on the policy. And as we live apart this was causing problems. No idea how they got hold of his name in the first place! So my advice Kashtanka, keep well away and find someone better. Me - 1. Hopefully papers finally arrived destination as no word this week to the contrary. 2. Never got to the advice centre as more papers came from that place and I had to ring them up. So now got to spend a few days with the calculator next week double checking things. Again I didn't take my advice about reading carefully as when I first read that I was happy that I seemed to be in the money. Until I re-read it and discovered that I actually owed it :evil: 3. unwanted upgrade problems - to be sorted 4. more things to be sorted (didn't get the phone calls I was promised earlier in the week ) I chased them up so -still to do. Annoying as it's messing up my finances. Even more annoying as I could have done this weeks ago only the person dealing with it didn't give me any advance notice and put me on the spot, so I deferred it, not realising annoying consequences. mango how are you getting on?
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:33 am

massive procrastination over financial form - hope to do start it by the end of this week
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:41 pm

Grrrrr - the financial form is more complicated than I believed. More putting off tactics. Most of the other things on my February list still haven't been sorted either - not my fault - others are to blame by not getting things done that were promised.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby kashtanka » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:06 pm

Unity, I love your phrase "More putting off tactics." :D
kashtanka
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Previous

Return to Monthly Challenges