MARCH Health and Fitness Thread 2008

Are you up to the challenge?

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Forum rules
Please start the monthly challenge threads here. All other off-topic threads will be removed.

Re: MARCH Health and Fitness Thread 2008

Postby Unity » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:55 pm

Hi Athena, glad you have joined. Haven't seen you for a while. Just noticed you have 14 posts. Are you the same Athena from before?
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby athena » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:04 pm

I have been a Sher boarder for a couple years. Most of the time I just looked around for some good ideas. I believe my first post was about finding a success team in Pittsburgh - but the only one I found met on Saturdays - unfortunately work made it impossible to join. :( I do believe there are several different athenas on these boards. I just happen to be one of them. 8)
athena
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Unity » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:31 pm

athena wrote:I have been a Sher boarder for a couple years. Most of the time I just looked around for some good ideas. I believe my first post was about finding a success team in Pittsburgh - but the only one I found met on Saturdays - unfortunately work made it impossible to join. :( I do believe there are several different athenas on these boards. I just happen to be one of them. 8)
Yes, I must have thought you were one of the other ones. 10lbs in a month. That's a lot. My weightloss seems to be at a standstill despite the excercise I do. Still I'm hoping it will start shifting soon. Today - extremely long walk
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:11 am

Since some of you are away from the thread I can't be bothered putting in my daily food. Long walk earlier. Excs later but I've slowed down on those too. I've realised that even though I do exc and do long walks they don't really do anything except for keeping my weight at an even keel (not putting on) and the rest of the day is very inactive. This HAS TO STOP. But I feel too tired to do more. Chicken and egg situation.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:14 am

I thought instead of daily food I'd list my snacks instead. Today so far 2 plain biscuits, I put low fat spread on them bread pudding cake - 1 slice 1 slic bread and jam salad sandwich F eeling very unmotivated about the whole weightloss thing
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:58 am

Friday -I don't think I had any snacks yesterday. short yoga in the evening
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:53 pm

Saturday - snacks some soft fruit sweets, home made exceptionally sweet muesli bar (won't make those again but there's a tinful :shock: might have to put them in the freezer), bread and jam very short walk - no call that stroll round the shops got lift there and back. There's a change of routine this weekend so managed to completely forget the excs.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby spark » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:45 am

I've realised that even though I do exc and do long walks they don't really do anything except for keeping my weight at an even keel (not putting on) and the rest of the day is very inactive. This HAS TO STOP. But I feel too tired to do more.
The sad truth is that you have to raise your heart rate for 20 min or more and just about eliminate all sugar. Casual walking, while it is good for you, doesn't rev up the engine and promote weight loss. I avoided exercise most of my life and had a life long weight problem. It was only when I reached 100lbs over weight that I stopped lying to myself and did something about it. It is hard. It is unpleasant. However, it works. You have to exercise enough to raise a sweat at least four times a week. Don't give up. You have started down the path, you just need to make the hard choices now so you get the results you seek.
spark
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Unity » Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:58 pm

spark wrote:
I've realised that even though I do exc and do long walks they don't really do anything except for keeping my weight at an even keel (not putting on) and the rest of the day is very inactive. This HAS TO STOP. But I feel too tired to do more.
The sad truth is that you have to raise your heart rate for 20 min or more and just about eliminate all sugar. Casual walking, while it is good for you, doesn't rev up the engine and promote weight loss. I avoided exercise most of my life and had a life long weight problem. It was only when I reached 100lbs over weight that I stopped lying to myself and did something about it. It is hard. It is unpleasant. However, it works. You have to exercise enough to raise a sweat at least four times a week. Don't give up. You have started down the path, you just need to make the hard choices now so you get the results you seek.
Hi Spark, those excercise I do are very streneous (press ups, run up and down the stairs about 20 times, star jumps, sit ups, weights), I usually do walk very fast for about half an hour the rest is much slower. And I do it all daily. But I know that it isn't enough as I sit around too much the rest of the day but I'm changing all that starting today when I also did all the above excercises in the morning too. I do hope that it will start making a difference but I also got tested for thyroid.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:40 am

Urs, I'll be back later today! :D
'Living is a form of not being sure, not knowing what next or how.
We guess. We may be wrong, but we take leap after leap in the dark.'

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby spark » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:52 am

Try this for the next 14 days: Have a protein with each meal Have two veggies for lunch and dinner No sugar, bread, desserts for 14 days.
spark
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Unity » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:00 am

Hi Mango, missed you. Starting today I'm being active in the mornings before breakfast as I find that as soon as I sit down to eat I start feeling sleepy :shock: So today did some exs to begin then gardening. Later I'm going for a walk and in the evening will do the harder excs as usual. Hopefully this will rev up the metabolism. I probably won't carry on posting daily as with family home it has been difficult to keep up.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:28 pm

Active all day.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:12 am

Well there's a chicken and egg situation as I'm getting too tired because I have been active (on the go most of the day) so have been avoiding my exc. Also I've found that as the regulars are taking time off this thread, I seem to be losing motivation too. Which isn't good as getting fit should be for oneself - not just because some other people are doing it.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Tituba » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:01 am

Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Monthly Challenges