March Financial Challenge 2008

Are you up to the challenge?

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Forum rules
Please start the monthly challenge threads here. All other off-topic threads will be removed.

March Financial Challenge 2008

Postby Unity » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:37 am

Do you have any financial goals this month? This is the place to list them and receive support along the way. ----------------------------------------------------------- DO TAX FORM THIS WEEKEND - URGENT DONE CHASE UP ADDRESS FOR BANK - URGENT - they have been ignoring the importance and still haven't sent me the info even after numerous calls. RING UP C.A. ON MONDAY LOOK OVER CH.AL. PAPERWORK IN CASE YOU CAN GET BACKPAYMENTS re conversation with Dke 1. monitor AT Home fees situation 2. keep in mind Tax money to repay when I get info where to send it 3. chase up address for card (upteenth time, they are ignoring me) 4. Phone C.A as it doesn't look as though they received my letter 5. find out when P - bank a/c has been set up 6. NW fee (putting off only because of address location - houses unmarked) 7. Do A's filing 8. backpayments re Ch.A.?? EDIT - ADD 9. phone letter - ask what it means - RE-READ AND UNDERSTAND EDIT - ADD 10. PO - they didn't add the tax taken off re interest from over a year ago
Last edited by Unity on Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: March Financial Challenge 2008

Postby mango » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:17 am

I'm going to join you, Urs. I have a lot of financial goals, since that's what I'm fixated on at the moment. :D I want to pay off the first credit card on my list: $1882.32 I want to continue posting on my financial blog. I want to qualify for a new mortgage. I want to change cell phone plans. I want to change telephone/internet/cable plans. I want to find more part-time money making opportunities. I want to cancel XM radio. I want to color my own hair. I want to return rug to LL Bean. I want to get paid for my editing project.
'Living is a form of not being sure, not knowing what next or how.
We guess. We may be wrong, but we take leap after leap in the dark.'

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:20 am

Hi mango, I looked at your blog - what's a booster payment? Also, were you relieved when you finished your edit job or did you enjoy it? ---------------------------------------------- Me - been working on the form today
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:09 pm

I keep remembering other things that need doing hence all the edits. How many more I wonder :D FINISHED THE FORM AND IN THE ENVELOPE :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I'm really disappointed that a certain someone that shall remain nameless still hasn't sent me important details after getting asked upteen times. They will not be able to withdraw any cash. Doesn't bother them it seems :?: Of course I shall be in worry overdrive instead :bash:
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:58 am

Yay, Urs! :D Well done! A booster payment is a sum of money that you put aside every month to pay a little extra on one bill (so, in addition to the amount you normally send).

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:46 pm

thanks Mango - now I know the answer about the booster payment.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Izbit » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:46 am

Ok, my financial goals for the month are: File tax return Appeal real estate assessment Figure out savings goal for dream of family sabbatical
Izbit
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Unity » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:10 pm

DO TAX FORM THIS WEEKEND - URGENT DONE RING UP C.A. ON MONDAY LOOK OVER CH.AL. PAPERWORK IN CASE YOU CAN GET BACKPAYMENTS re conversation with Dke 1. monitor AT Home fees situation 2. keep in mind Tax money to repay when I get info where to send it 3. chase up address for card (upteenth time, they are ignoring me) -DONE 4. Phone C.A as it doesn't look as though they received my letter 5. find out when P - bank a/c has been set up 6. NW fee (putting off only because of address location - houses unmarked)-DONE 7. Do A's filing 8. backpayments re Ch.A.?? EDIT - ADD 9. phone letter - ask what it means - RE-READ AND UNDERSTAND EDIT - ADD 10. PO - they didn't add the tax taken off re interest from over a year ago[/quote] hi izbit, welcome to the gang
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Izbit » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:46 am

Thanks for the welcome. I worked on my taxes for about 45 minutes last night -- and found a mistake that Turbo Tax was making (it didn't import enough info from last year's forms). So a good step forward on that. I'm trying to work on it in small chunks so I don't get totally frustrated and crazed. And I called the real estate office about filing an appeal.
Izbit
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Unity » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:47 am

A. Tax forum - done 1. monitor AT Home fees situation 2. keep in mind Tax money to repay when I get info where to send it 3. chase up address for card (upteenth time, they are ignoring me) -DONE 4.**** Phone C.A as it doesn't look as though they received my letter **** 5. find out when P - bank a/c has been set up 6. NW fee (putting off only because of address location - houses unmarked)-DONE 7. Do A's filing 8. backpayments re Ch.A.?? done - remembered it involved tax credits 9. phone letter - ask what it means - RE-READ AND UNDERSTAND 10. ****PO - they didn't add the tax taken off re interest from over a year ago[/quote]***** 11. check if dentist fees covered and make appt
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:25 am

Unity wrote:A. Tax forum - done 1. monitor AT Home fees situation 2. keep in mind Tax money to repay when I get info where to send it 3. chase up address for card (upteenth time, they are ignoring me) -DONE 4.**** Phone C.A as it doesn't look as though they received my letter **** DONE 5. find out when P - bank a/c has been set up 6. NW fee (putting off only because of address location - houses unmarked)-DONE 7. Do A's filing 8. backpayments re Ch.A.?? done - remembered it involved tax credits 9. phone letter - ask what it means - RE-READ AND UNDERSTAND 10. ****PO - they didn't add the tax taken off re interest from over a year ago
***** 11. check if dentist fees covered and make appt[/quote]
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:51 pm

Slowly making some progress. I have been posting on my blog fairly regularly. I don't think I'm going to have much luck paying off that credit card, as I'm about $700 in the red before the end of the month just for the day-to-day. I've been working hard looking for part-time money-making opportunities, and selling some stuff online. Tried to qualify for the mortgage, but my credit scores are still too low. Still determined to fix them, and the biggest help would be raising some more money to put toward the credit cards. Might get paid for the editing project soon. And might get an escrow refund from the mortgage refinance. Fingers firmly crossed! Will try to get the boys to help me package up the rug to be returned over the weekend.

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:27 am

A. FORM done 1. monitor Home fees situation 2. keep in mind money to repay when I get info where to send it 3. chase up address for card (upteenth time, they are ignoring me) -DONE 4.**** Phone C.A as it doesn't look as though they received my letter **** DONE 5. find out when P - has been set up 6. NW fee (putting off only because of address location - houses unmarked)-DONE 7. Do A's filing done 8. backpayments re Ch.A.?? done - don't qualify 9. phone letter - ask what it means - done 10. ****PO - - LETTER ARRIVED RE THAT - form plus PHONE 11. check if dentist fees covered and make appt done 12. bank - tell them about tax removed on interest 13. BS - letter arrived needs reading done I've done a few things on the list but gained some new ones. Mango, you are very determined to succeed so I'm sure that you will. edit, did one item on the list shortly after posting
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:49 pm

Thanks, Urs. You're getting lots done, too. Had my husband call about the escrow refund, and should be receiving it by the end of the month. Got the boys to package up the rug to mail to LL Bean for a refund. Also showed my husband the spreadsheets that I use for the budget and account managing. I'm pretty proud of them. The account managing spreadsheet is set up so that I just have to input the balance in my checking account, and it will tell me if I have enough money to pay the rest of the bills for the month. Or if I'm in the red, or have extra to put toward the credit cards. Re-listed exercise bike and digital piano on Craigslist. Will look on Craigslist for some more money-making opportunities tonight.

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Izbit » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:47 pm

I thought I posted this earlier, but I'm not seeing it on the forum. Finished up our taxes -- somewhat to my surprise, we owe money to the Feds, but we get almost as much back from the state, so it all balances out. Now just need to make sure we get these in the mail on time.
Izbit
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Next

Return to Monthly Challenges