APRIL FINANCIAL CHALLENGE 2008

Are you up to the challenge?

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Forum rules
Please start the monthly challenge threads here. All other off-topic threads will be removed.

Re: APRIL FINANCIAL CHALLENGE 2008

Postby mango » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:23 am

Applied for a part-time job editing and proofreading college application essays. Heard back from the plasma center that they received my application.
'Living is a form of not being sure, not knowing what next or how.
We guess. We may be wrong, but we take leap after leap in the dark.'

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:07 pm

Hi mango, you're doing well. Hope you get a reply. I've come to a standstill with everything due to the de-cluttering. I did get an offer of some money today if I get too freaked out about that trip I mentioned - so I can get cabs from the bus station. I don't think I can think straight until that is over (few weeks yet :oops: ) I can't remember what my goals were this month but I have a suspicion they are not all done.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Cha! » Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:43 pm

I had a little extra money this month so I made extra deposits into my mutual fund and ROTH IRA accounts. I'm glad I've been participating in this thread. It has really helped me focus on saving vs spending (although I've never really been much of a shopper). I am getting sick of ever-increasing gas prices. It makes me feel that even though I know I'm saving more, I don't have as much to show for it as I'd like because it goes right back out to pay the gas bill! :roll: I hope you get the job(s) you want Mango. Unity, I hope your trip gets straightened out.
Cha!
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby mango » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:48 pm

Thanks, Cha! Urs, I think you should take the money for the cab rides if you will feel better about going. Maybe you can keep your eyes closed so as not to notice those places that upset you? I still didn't pay the bills. :bash: But I expect to be so tired from the decluttering that I will have to stay in bed and do paperwork all day anyway. :roll:

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:43 am

I posted on my blog! :D It wasn't much of a post, but I saved 28.6% ordering vitamins online, so I thought that it was worth sharing. And now I'm off to pay the bills. Did I mention that my husband is way over his budget for his trip? :bash:

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:07 am

Is he fully aware of the financial situation or in denial? Blogs - I'm reluctant with mine but I think it's good to keep on although it's annoying when you have to keep signing in as I'm always forgeting the details.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:23 am

Hard to say. I remind him to keep track of receipts, and he is capable of doing so. He just doesn't. Then he spends more than he is supposed to because 'he didn't know he was overspending'. What it really comes down to is that he wants what he wants when he wants it, and he gets it. He gets home on Wednesday. I meet with my therapist again on Thursday. Once I talk to her and get fired up, I will be having the conversation with him about changing his lifestyle to be able to afford his trips, or finding himself an additional source of income. :evil:

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:28 pm

I paid the bills. :D Also, posted on my blog again.

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Wildflower seeds? are you planting a patch of your garden? I was going to crack a joke on your blog but couldn't remember my password. It never seems to work when I want to comment but perhaps it's because it's midnight and I can hardly see the monitor. Will your husband be receptive to another getting more money apart from his normal job? Success - got my pen out and did what was necessary with forms etc so now the dining table is clear ( can't remember if this should be in the clutter thread or here)
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:05 pm

No Urs, he will talk a good game and then procrastinate and never do anything about it. I'm enlisting the support of my therapist to help me stand firm. If he wants to run the marathons and take the trips and buy the stuff, he needs to find a way to pay for it! Our budget cannot support it. And it runs in the exact opposite direction of MY goals. Time to take a stand. Now is as good a time as any, don't you think?

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:11 am

Taking a stand - your goals for the immediate future - in every thread then mango. I just read my last post where I had a clear table. Famous last words LOL I blame the postman :D Today - must locate insurance documents (bike theft last night)
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:45 am

Taking a stand - your goals for the immediate future - in every thread then mango.
Yes, it's probably annoying. Sorry!

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:09 am

A few things that I want to accomplish before Monday: I want to get a rent cheque from my nephew. I want to have the financial conversation with my husband. I want to make a prioritized list of ways to lower expenses. I want to return a movie that I rented, so as to avoid any late fees. I want to plan dinners for next week around ingredients that I already have. I want to finish the grocery shopping and other errands (frugally).

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:09 am

mango wrote:
Taking a stand - your goals for the immediate future - in every thread then mango.
Yes, it's probably annoying. Sorry!
Did you misinterpret my meaning?? I meant you should put it in every thread
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:16 am

I did misinterpret. :oops: Thanks for clarifying, Urs.

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Monthly Challenges