APRIL CLUTTER/TO DO LIST CHALLENGE 2008

Are you up to the challenge?

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Forum rules
Please start the monthly challenge threads here. All other off-topic threads will be removed.

Re: APRIL CLUTTER/TO DO LIST CHALLENGE 2008

Postby Cha! » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:15 pm

I just spend 1/2 hour doing more raking in the yard and I'm exhausted! I also got more cds ready to sell and pulled out some hot pads that I plan to sell at the yard sale. I submitted my name to another opt out list to cut back on the number of catalogs I receive in the mail and I just received confirmation that I have been added to their list. Yeah! Anything I can do to cut back on junk mail is definitely worth the effort. It's ridiculous the amount of junk I receive. I'm off to mark a few more things for sale and then off to my meeting. I would like to tackle more paper and hope to report back later today with more paper progress.
Cha!
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Unity » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:13 pm

Hi Cha, I realise that you posted at the same time as me hence I missed your earlier reply. I can't imagine what it must be like for you as I haven't had to do that sort of thing for anyone else myself. My grandparents lived with us but I can't remember too much about what happened when they died. I know that some of their things are still around. A bit unusual possibly - I do recall that my grandmothers nightdresses were remade into ones for me and I still have one. It's only now when I look back that it can appear a bit ghoulish but I never thought of it at the time.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby NoPlaceLikeHome » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:46 pm

Oh my goodness, you guys are making me dizzy with all your progress! :lol: But I do want to report one major decluttering success before the month is officially over—no more piles of books on most of my tables and chairs! Yep, went through them all, rearranged every bookcase so that EVERYTHING fit and I could still see ALL of the titles (took a while as you can imagine), and didn't even end up having to get rid of a single book. So I'm pretty happy. Plus now I can sit in any chair I want. :wink:
NoPlaceLikeHome
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby mango » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:52 pm

One day at a time, Urs. That's how you'll get through it. :) Cha, I'm so sorry that you have to go through this. I think your decision re: family heirlooms is a great one, and I'm sure that your parents would be very proud of you. I did a few more hours of spontaneous decluttering this morning. Moved a lot of things out of the bedroom closet and into the study. Set up all of the files and supplies close by to encourage me to keep up with it. Put some more things in the sell and charity piles. I also bought some price stickers so that I can start that tedious job. It occurred to me today that I have, in fact, set up a home office! I don't know how I managed that without tipping myself off, but I'm now one step closer to my dream of working from home! :D
'Living is a form of not being sure, not knowing what next or how.
We guess. We may be wrong, but we take leap after leap in the dark.'

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Thu May 01, 2008 2:23 am

Hello NPLH, how lovely to be able to find a book easily now. mango - your subconscious has been working undercover. Now you're all set.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Previous

Return to Monthly Challenges